Home | About | Donate

Upholding Indiana's Fetal Remains Law, Supreme Court Sends 'Direct Signal' That Roe May Be In Jeopardy

Upholding Indiana's Fetal Remains Law, Supreme Court Sends 'Direct Signal' That Roe May Be In Jeopardy

Julia Conley, staff writer

Pro-choice groups called a U.S. Supreme Court decision on a restrictive abortion law a "mixed ruling" on Tuesday, expressing relief that the court did not rule on whether women should be permitted abortion care in certain situations but decrying the ruling's overall message about women's right to choose abortion.

Dr. Strangelove also warned of becoming “a tool of eugenic manipulation”. It was funnier when Peter Sellers said it but Clarence Thomas is always good for a laugh.

2 Likes

To the likes of dominionist Mike Pense fetuses have more rights than all those Yemini, Iraqi and now Iranian children who are being killed by either our bombs or sanctions. No. this is about the fact that white births are down and pathological bullying of women. Note the incessant climate crisis denials by the same, the exploding inequality and endless wars of choice to bully and steal the resources of other nations where women, pregnant ones too, and children are, in fact, blown to bits. These folks are hardly “pro-life”. Finally, please note, Indiana has been home to the KKK.

6 Likes

Thanks Biden.

2 Likes

Its interesting that this was a 7-2 decision. Think about what Thomas is writing about------How has abortion effected minority communities ? If 80% of the people in this country don’t want Roe overturned why are so many states voting to overturn ? And as I write this I am hearing the last abortion clinic in Missouri will close at the end of this week.

I believe in INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM----a woman should have a right to decide this important issue and not be subject to the power of the state. But as a male I am stunned at how many women vote against their own self interest----I do believe that woman are in the majority ???

And again we need real healthcare centers in every neighborhood-----because we live in a very SICK country.

1 Like

If Medicare for All goes down, so will abortion rights. M4A on the other hand could save women’s healthcare rights.

1 Like

Clarence Thomas is deeply disturbed individual. Full stop.

And I’m sure ICE will be held accountable as well when still-births, as has already happened, occur in women in their custody.