Home | About | Donate

US Airstrikes, Coupled with Iran-backed Militias and Iraqi Forces, Target ISIS in Tikrit

US Airstrikes, Coupled with Iran-backed Militias and Iraqi Forces, Target ISIS in Tikrit

Jon Queally, staff writer

Following earlier indications that such attacks were likely, the U.S. military bombarded targets in the Iraqi city of Tikrit overnight as it took a commanding role in an ongoing offensive against Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) militants that has so far been spearheaded by Iraqi forces and Shi'ite militias which receive direct backing and guidance from the Iranian military.

Great.

Two shooting wars in one week. Hellava job Barry.

I can't keep track of those on our side and those on the other side , I need a scorecard.

Another way that this "conflict" reminds me of Vietnam. Here we have about 200 fighters holed up in an increasingly bombed out city holding off the combined armed forces of Iraq and Iran (Hezbollah division) as well as the US Air Force. Something smells like money regarding this entire episode (as well as the Afghan "war" and the Yeman "conflict". The longer they all last the more expensive the price tag for this form of diplomacy becomes and the greater the war profiteers return on investment.

"[A] messy battle ... "

Yes, blood is messy

But seemingly simple enough to cover up

Anybody figured out which version of WWII we're fighting over there yet? Is it WWII 5.0 or 5.3?
Because the US hasn't been without a war since WWII so we may as well lump them all together, right?

Someone needs to have 'Mission Accomplished' shoved up their a**