Home | About | Donate

US Attacks Russia’s Power Grid; Trump Kept in Dark

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/16/us-attacks-russias-power-grid-trump-kept-dark

2 Likes

Peace begets Peace. Peace Now!

11 Likes

Sounds like an Act of War to me. If any country did that to us (and they admitted to it) we’d LAUNCH!
And why the hell announce it?
And obviously Caligula has broken the office of the President. It will get even more difficult to reign in the military in future

18 Likes

Brilliant!! Now we’ve told the world that attacking power grids against nations that we are NOT at war with, is acceptable, and in fact, desirable. Gotta say, I’m feeling like a target now.

19 Likes

This country needs to be put down like a rabid dog.

13 Likes

Millions across South America hit by massive power cut - the Guardian

Failure leaves people in Argentina and Uruguay without electricity. What’s goin’ on here that we’re not being told?

15 Likes

If you haven’t planned for not having electricity for extended periods, now would be a good time to start!

8 Likes

WHen I see headlines like that, I wonder where Erik Prince was at the time.

6 Likes

Prefer to think of it as a rising of the public which knows better
than the aggression which is forthcoming from those in leadership –
it’s the violent right which needs to be contained, as always.

3 Likes

So Washington wants to do what Rachel Maddow accused Moscow of wanting to do last winter. Just great!
In the meantime, here is Suzie Dawson on WikiLeaks, Assange and Russiagate:

https://contraspin.co.nz/freeing-julian-assange-part-two/

Peace
Po

4 Likes

Don’t forget that we did this in the Balkans in 1999 under Clinton using carbon/graphite bombs to short out key nodes in the grid. Those bombs were specifically designed for that purpose.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/inatl/longterm/balkans/stories/belgrade052599.htm

9 Likes

Any evidence of a 21st century George Hayduke being involved ?

3 Likes

Today…the rump…" FAKE NEWS"
Tomorrow…the rump… “LOCK UP THE FAILING NYT FOR EXPOSING A NATIONAL SECURITY SECRET!”

6 Likes

Most wry-smile-worthy post I’ve seen in a long time. Thanks for sharing it.

1 Like

“Do unto others…” Oops; looks like we forgot, again, the rest of the advice.

2 Likes

Somebody commited treason. If the story is true then it’s whoever planned and executed the operation without informing the commander and chief. If the story is false, then it was the NYT or whoever successfully duped the NYT. I’m not seeing much of a gray area here.

The sooner the US starts being a moral actor in the world (which we could do with little change to our wealth even though that is obviously no excuse for being immoral) the sooner we can start the cooling off period with countries and people that see us (as Chomsky cites often) as the greatest threat to world peace.

8 Likes

Can’t recall that I ever knew that –

We in U S are expert at any and all means of destruction of peace and
harmony in the world.

What US is doing in Russia now with GRID – and who knows what else US
may be doing there – is intended to increase tensions with Russia and cause
nuclear war, imo. Because many in the MIC won’t be content until there is
nuclear war. To prove some point or other – either due to simple insanity or
some Biblical notation.

6 Likes

I don’t think the next war is gonna be fought by the likes of Erik Prince.

2 Likes

this can’t end well. and of course russia’s going to have to respond in some way. personally, if they’re not interfering with our elections, they should probably consider it. maybe they’ll take requests.

because these two vile parties are going to burn the world.

12 Likes

“Trump has not been briefed on the operation because of “the possibility that he might countermand it or discuss it with foreign officials.””

So i don’t know much about these things, but looks like “officials” were reluctant to inform Trump but had no problem going to the New York Times. We deserve whatever is coming to us.

3 Likes