Home | About | Donate

US-Backed Assault on Yemen Creating Conditions So Catastrophic, Red Cross Forced to Evacuate

US-Backed Assault on Yemen Creating Conditions So Catastrophic, Red Cross Forced to Evacuate

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

In a development revealing just how dire the situation is for Yemeni civilians and threatening to compound the catastrophe, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) on Thursday announced it is pulling 71 of its staffers out of Yemen—a move the organization admits will cripple its humanitarian efforts.

In response, Amnesty International said it marked a "bleak" new low in the ongoing conflict.

I appreciate the update. We can’t be allowed to cease knowing how bad it is for the Yemeni people and who’s causing it.

What are the right questions?

This video had me sobbing in the first few minutes:

The U.S. is a complete outsider in this religious civil war. There is no justification for our involvement there except perhaps to try and broker a peace agreement or provide humanitarian aid. But instead, the military industrial complex is having a hey-day providing arms to our oil-rich allies in the region and conducting drone strikes without regard for the loss of innocent lives, with impunity. Shameful in the extreme. My mind cannot connect with the reasoning behind such actions. If these aren’t war crimes, then what are? And all our president (choke) can do is brag about selling 100 billion worth of arms to Saudi Arabia.

Thanks for the link

The deadly sickness of empire continues.