Home | About | Donate

US Bases in Qatar, UAE Go on Alert as Iran Fires Ballistic Missiles at Mock-Up of US Aircraft Carrier

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/07/30/us-bases-qatar-uae-go-alert-iran-fires-ballistic-missiles-mock-us-aircraft-carrier

2 Likes

Looks like Trump might get his war after all. Oh yeah btw thank you democrats for giving him another near trillion to spend on the military. Keeping up as the peaceful resistance party as always!

3 Likes

The $64,000 question is what is Bibi up to regarding this?

3 Likes

“We will fight to the last American soldier” is probably what he is thinking. He is probably giddy at this. Not just satisfied with the complete stealing of Palestinian land and the ethnic cleansing of the people, Zionist Israel now thinks that the entire middle east should be under their jurisdiction.

4 Likes

It’s a show of strength, to counter the US oppression, I can’t blame them. Below is a link with vids, if anyone’s interested.

(h)ttps://www.rt.com/news/496296-iran-mock-aircraft-carrier/
“Watch Iran Fire Missile & Overtake Mock US Aircraft Carrier During Strait of Hormuz War Games”

1 Like

To my ear Cole’s description seems to be of escalation more apparent than actual – almost conflicting with a genuine surge in hostilities. Cole seems to imply confidence that Iran is smart enough to play it as cool as Iranian cucumbers, while they can.

The whole war-wherever thing seems practically bipartisan to me. Orangeman could pick Russia, China, or Iran against whom to initiate indefensible election-eve hostilities, without a peep of anti-war friction from the Dims. Everyone knows that. Eeenie meenie miney moe.

2 Likes

We will see how true Cole’s thought process becomes. Iran is being strangled by more and more sanctions and even the most patient people won’t tolerate siege warfare forever.

I guess in general Iran might be the best choice since they are the only one out of the three that is not a nuclear power. Again the U.S., intentionally or no, gives justification against nuclear disarmament in the eyes of other countries.

1 Like

Never underestimate the power of your opponent. Cole thinks like a Saudi. Money is everything. Iran can do a significant amount of damage to the world economy without spending a proportional amount of it’s GDP on guns. And they fought us off in a proxy war with Saddam Hussein for a decade, to a draw.

1 Like

“The USAF 380th Air Expeditionary Wing is based at al-Dhafra, and it, too, has been heavily involved in counter-terrorist operations.”

Fixed that sentence for you Juan, yer welcome.
The USAF 380th Air Expeditionary Wing based at al-Dhafra has been heavily involved in terrorist operations.

1 Like

They won’t be pushovers, even with the sanctions. This very well could be a Vietnam 2.0 at best.

Hi WiseOw:
What is Bibi up to? ANYTHING, anything at aII to make peopIe forget what a crook he is----and hoping that his troubles could be over. No , sorry, Bibi, but I think you have passed your seII by date and are impIoding —you’re just another rotten tomato.

Margaret Thatcher was about to lose a British election
until she had an excuse to start a war against Argentina.
A few war crimes later, cheered on by Western media,
she won the Malvinas/Falklands war and the election.

2 Likes