Home | About | Donate

US Ground Troops in Syria? Top Military Official Doesn't Rule It Out

US Ground Troops in Syria? Top Military Official Doesn't Rule It Out

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

The nation's top military officer told a House subcommittee Wednesday that U.S. troops could potentially hit the ground in Syria to fight Islamic militants, offering another sign the operation is headed towards expansion.

Just pre-positioning for WW3 in addition to the 1 million military personnel already manning nearly 1,000 US foreign bases.

The scary thing for US troops is Syria is not Grenada.

But then the objective is to destroy Syria, like Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and Ukraine. Winning doesn't matter.

Really starting to look like the only thing the US elite and their 0.01% masters will understand is when Washington is a smoking, radioactive hole.

Surprise!!! (Not.)

This is all perfectly predictable.

Israel tried to overthrow Syria in the 1967 Six Day War and that didn't go as planned.

In the 1980's "The Greater Plan for Zionist Israel" was published by Oded Yinon and it clearly describes Israel's plan to break up surrounding states into smaller manageable states:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article33220.htm

Obviously Israel has so much power over the United States that they can force the U.S. government to be involved in the sinking of the USS LIberty (Operation Cyanide) as a False Flag operation to draw the U.S. into it's ugly plan to bomb Egypt into the stone age during the Six Day War as Egypt would have been "blamed" for the sinking of the Liberty and not the real culprit, Israel.

Netanyahu heavily lobbied the U.S. to go in and bomb Iraq and oust Hussein. We see what happened with that horrible U.S intervention. Again Israel gets the U.S. military to do it's bidding.

Take notice here that "The Chosen People" always seem to manage to get the United States to spill the blood of its own citizens "for Greater Israel" and to use our own treasures for Israel's goals. Israel wants to be THE dominant power in the MIddle East and it, somehow, has the power over the United States to get us to do their bidding.

What is this power? We know that both countries share intelligence. We know from the documentary, "The Day Israel Attacked America" that during the Johnson administration Israel had spies inside The White House and reported to Tel Aviv Johnson's every word. If Israel had such a grip on The White House in 1967, imagine the grip of today! Enough to get a member of Congress to bypass the president to invite Netanyahu to lobby Congress for the legislation HE wants for ISRAEL!!! Who is this guy??! President Netanyahu apparently.

I want to know why the United States has allowed, since the 1950's to Israel to steal US. nuclear technology for weapons systems? Why the cover-up on the Liberty? How can Israel own ALL presidents and ALL U.S Congress members? How can Israel get away with owning all the major media in the United States?

What are in the 28 pages redacted from the Congressional Intelligence Report on 9/11? We know for a fact that Mossad agents were living next to two of the "hijackers" in Florida We know for a fact that the guys caught celebrating the downing of the twin towers were Mossad agents. We know for a fact that the van loaded with explosives that was pulled over on the George Washington Bridge were Mossad agents who said to the cops, "We are not your problem. The Palestinians are your problem" They were kept by the FBI for six weeks then quietly returned to Israel. Say WHAT??!

Why would an Israeli spy and arms smuggler, Arnon Milchan, be rewarded with stepping up on the stage at the Academy Awards two years in a row to gather his statuette for "Best Picture"?

How have we gotten to this point in history where it appears a foreign power across the Atlantic Ocean is in total control of our foreign policy and elections and even our domestic policy?

The only way I see of stopping all the Middle East Wars is to do a thorough investigation of Israel's crimes inside and outside the United States by outside investigators (obviously this will never occur inside any U.S. administration), this includes Israel's nuclear weapons program and their alleged sharing of nuclear technologies with other nations (an international crime).

I truly believe that once the crimes of Israel with the complicity of past and current administrations is revealed that our "Middle East" problems will have gone a long way toward being settled.

Obviously Saudi Arabia is a huge problem too, related to financing of terrorism from 9/11 to ISIS.

Elsewhere on this site Mideast expert Juan Cole explores the possibility of the U.S. actually teaming up with Al Qaeda to overthrow the Assad regime in Syria. That's no longer an outlandish idea. If fact it looks more likely every day, as the U.S. looks increasingly ridiculous floundering around in Iraq and accomplishing very little. It's also pretty obvious now that the U.S. is merely acting as a pawn of Saudi Arabia and Israel, and what they really want is the overthrow of Assad so they can seize Syria's valuable real estate and its access to Turkey and the Mediterranean. Some critics have even suggested that ISIL was created and armed specifically to provide an excuse for such an illegal attack on Assad, and those critics are probably correct. In any case, the U.S. looks increasingly buffoonish as it tries desperately to satisfy its Saudi and Israeli masters, and future historians will rank this era as among the lowest in American history. But it's just more proof that America's ruling class marches to its own corrupt, elitist drum, and ordinary Americans long ago lost the ability to do anything about it.

The website StormCloudsGathering, more than a year ago, predicted the US would use ISIS as an excuse for all -out-war against Assad in Syria.

In addition i think ISIS is a CIA and MOSAD creature, just another tool for the predator Zionists and fascists to occupy Syria, as you say help make Israel "greater" and more dominant in the middle east. This is really sickening, our politics, our economy, our military, our media and even our film industry are all controlled by Israel, the American Zionists and AIPAC.

These military people should have a gag stuffed in their mouths!!!!

Not total control. How do I know? Coz we dont yet have boots on the ground in Iran.

But yes, so much control that Netanyahoo (NTY) frequently gets to address joint sittings of the congress and the senate, and unlike normal sittings, where the attendance might be a third, most congress and senate attend, and NTY gets treated to 20 minutes of applause. Nobody else gets to do this. Not the British nor the French, and certainly not so called enemies that we actually need to sit and listen to (e.g. Iraq, Libya, Syria, Russsia, Iran).

When most USA politicians feel the need to attend an AIPAC conference prior to elections and effectively pledge their loyalty to a foreign power, it means that there is something wrong.

When most senate and congress see the need for an "educational" week long visit to Israel, there is clearly something wrong.

When your academic institutions ban speakers who would be critical of Israel, and sack academics who are critical of Israel, there is something wrong.

When Israel bombed lebanon in a one sided war so heavilly that they actually ran out of weaponry, and our government intervened not by forcing an end to the war but by rushing out more weapons, there is something very wrong. (should a totally one sided war be called a war? How can you call a war where once side gets to bomb and the other just takes it?)

If Iranians paid members of congress, our media would be using the word "treason". The fact that they do not with AIPAC clearly indicates that there is something wrong.

The Nazi Shadow Government are trying to steal more money from the taxpayers. Please checkout the linked movie. It's a long one but good. My only problem with the movie. It didn't mention the Zionist playing a part in 911 , the JFK assassination and events in the Mid East.

My bottom line - and this certainly isn't as thoughtful as some of the comments below - is NO MORE BOOTS ANYWHERE until the draft is reinstituted.

We will continue to become embroiled in these wars unless we get back to a place where a majority of the population in this country has more at stake in a war than a safe shopping trip to the local mall.

John Kerry: "How do you ask a man to be the last man to die in Vietnam? How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake? Please tell me so I can convince them 44 years now to be the last man to die in Syria, to be the last man to die for a mistake. TELL ME! I need to know."

Is your point that it will take reinstating the draft to wake up the sheeple to oppose war...and imperialism?

I would hope that opposing war and imperialism would happen hand-in-hand. It seems to me we find it much too easy to go about our normal daily routines, giving little thought to why we keep becoming embroiled in these wars and whom we depend on to fight them. We imagine ourselves to be safe (except for the undercurrent of fear-mongering that keeps us compliant), giving little thought to the impact the war has on the few American families that do have sons and daughters in the fight.

Opposing war isn't just a way of protecting my son or daughter (the skin we all should have in this game if, in fact, we opt for war), it also is working to confront the thinking behind our imperialist tendencies. I cannot imagine raging imperialism surviving for long without an army or popular support. I do realize that reinstituting the draft may not stop wars (even as it grows the size of the army), but it may give the majority of us a reason to more deeply consider why we are fighting them.

We definitely need to find a better way to exist with the rest of the world. Imperialism needs to go the way of the dodo bird.

Obama is a puppet , just as MOST elected officials are today.
They try to act as if they are working for the people when all they
are really doing is trying to pull the wood over our eyes.

The reasons I voted for Obama in the two elections were to do the
will of the people and not business as usual.

The war is still growing and the oil company and war contractors are
making a ki//ing from it.

Wall Street and banks are growing richer each passing day.
The stock market is bring in revenue for the rich and famous with
the working class pays for it.

The criminals like Bush , Cheney , Rumsfeld , Rice , Rove , Wall Street
, banks and elite like Bundy are still out on the streets enjoying the fruits
of OUR labor.

Oil companies are getting everything they wish for , while our air , land
water and food is being polluted with every chemical known to man.

Jobs are not only being outsourced , but they are bringing foreign workers
in to fill the ones we have here.

Produce we have to buy daily are being downsized while the price have
been exploding.

The elections are being rigged , while our rights , freedom and democracy
is a thing of the pass.

Our schools are being privatized , while they are going after SS , Medicare ,
Post Office and every public program we have.

If the cost of the war by being run by the private contractors and mercenary army does not show one how privatization not only cost a he.. of a lot more
but is taking away from the citizens wishes.

Yes. US ground troops in?___________top military official doesn't rule it out. You fill in the blank.

Andrea, I wrote this same comment to Bill Van Auken (WSWS) and Jason Ditz (Antiwar)
regarding their similar articles on the same insane US Empire war strategy:

Yours is an excellent article on the seeming insanity of the US imperialist
(qua EMPIRE) war policy in the Middle East and beyond.

However, I continue to be disappointed and confused as to why no honest media
sources, like WSWS and Antiwar and Common Dreams, do not explain to the
American (and global) working-classes that Thomas Barnett's 2004 Naval War
College strategy and book, "The Pentagon's New Map" (which could have more
honestly been titled, "The Global Empire's New Map") lays out this
entire imperialist criminal war plan throughout the whole Middle East
across the 5000 mile swath from Mauritania to very boarders of China and
Russia (as is now obvious in Ukraine) to capture, control, and "Occupy"
all of these 'GAP' countries in the 'crescent of instability' --- as
part of this Disguised Global Capitalist Empire's ultimate scheme
illegally employing our former country's soft and hard powers.

This Empire controlling our former country must be diagnosed, exposed,
and excised like the cancer that it is:

"The U.S. state is a key point of condensation for pressures from dominant
groups around the world to resolve problems of global capitalism and to
secure the legitimacy of the system overall. In this regard, “U.S.”
imperialism refers to the use by transnational elites of the U.S. state
apparatus to continue to attempt to expand, defend, and stabilize the
global capitalist system. We are witness less to a “U.S.” imperialism
per se than to a global capitalist imperialism. We face an EMPIRE of
global capital, headquartered, for evident historical reasons, in
Washington." [caps added]

Robinson, William I. (2014-07-31).
Global Capitalism and the Crisis of Humanity (p. 122). Cambridge
University Press. Kindle Edition.

Ron, your phrase "Nazi Shadow Government" caught my attention as educational on two points:

1. The real Nazi structure was not a form of government at all, but the inverse of government -- which is Empire.

2. The Nazi Empire did plan and install the first crude single-party facade of a "Shadow Government" for the purpose of trying to fool people and other governments in an age when being identified as an overt Empire was no longer accepted. The Nazi Empire set-up the phony Vichy government in an attempt to disguise Empire.

While the French people were not fooled, the US government was the first to formally recognize the Vichy phony (and Empire installed) government as the government of France c. 1940.

The OSS (precursor of the CIA) learned on Hitler's dime, and 'went to school' on the single-party Vichy failed experiment in the captured and "Occupied" French territory of the Nazi Empire.

Today, in this post-nation-state 21st century world, the extant but well disguised and first "truly Global Empire", which has 'captured' and now fully "Occupies" our former country by 'posing' as, and being HQed in, the US, has gone far beyond that earlier Empire's wildest dream in Vichy France by more slowly and with complete deceit (and vast funding of global capitalist powers) developed and installed a superb dual-party Vichy-political facade right inside the metropole of their Disgised Global Capitalist Empire.

"The U.S. state is a key point of condensation for pressures from dominant groups around the world to resolve problems of global capitalism and to secure the legitimacy of the system overall. In this regard, “U.S.” imperialism refers to the use by transnational elites of the U.S. state apparatus to continue to attempt to expand, defend, and stabilize the global capitalist system. We are witness less to a “U.S.” imperialism per se than to a global capitalist imperialism. We face an empire of global capital , headquartered, for evident historical reasons, in Washington."

Abby, "the crimes" as you say, are not "of Israel" nor of "America", nor the vast majority of Americans nor Israelis (nor British, French, Germans, et al.) but only of this Disguised Global Capitalist EMPIRE, which has fooled and avoided "adequate diagnosis" as the hidden cancerous tumor of Empire which it is.

As Zygmunt Bauman hauntingly puts it, “In the case of an ailing social order, the absence of an adequate diagnosis…is a crucial, perhaps decisive, part of the disease.”13