Home | About | Donate

US Isolated at 'Failed' Anti-Abortion Summit in Nairobi

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/11/18/us-isolated-failed-anti-abortion-summit-nairobi

3 Likes

I’m sure that the only ones surprised by the collapse into nothingness of this “counter-summit” are its organizers. Sorry, religious people–and the cynics who are (mis)leading you–but you’ve lost control of the narrative.

5 Likes

Thanks very much for this article. Finally, a rational discussion and willingness to put decisions and consequences in the same discussion.

1 Like

“I” … ?

LGBT … I? … Q …?

What’s “I?”

When it was LGBT I got it. Then along came “Q,” and people kept trying to tell me it was for “Queer,” until asked what “L” and “G” meant if not “Queer.”

Finally I asked an ACTIVIST who actually hadda look it up and then said it was “Questioning.”

That made sense … soooo …

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual … Questioning …

I?

Wuzzat …

How is “Just say no” supposed to be meaningful to those who haven’t been adequately educated in what they should say no to?

3 Likes

Notice how they want everyone to say NO to anything that is fun; sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll while old, white, rich, men scheme to steal any and all natural resource not nailed down. First the greedy, capitalists bastards grind life into misery then the fundamentalist religious nutbags forbid anything that might make it bearable. Trotsky was right, the only way to stop them is through continuous, unrelenting revolution.

2 Likes

Then they spend that money so they can have sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Morality is only for the poor. Rich people can to whatever they want because they are assumed to be fundamentally moral becuase rich = moral, right?

Research shows that “abstinence only” models of sex education are failures and that districts who adopt such approaches end up having the highest rates of teenage pregnancy. The forbidden fruit is always the most tempting. But conservatives are too willfully ignorant to admit to such facts. It wouldn’t be politically correct for them to admit to real facts that prove them wrong.

2 Likes