Home | About | Donate

US Lawmakers Quietly Advance Legislation to Penalize Boycott of Israel

"They tried to sneak it through," said Ruebner, explaining that the Campaign only found out about the legislation late Monday afternoon through "happenstance."

Guess what? Except for this and a few other low-circulation sites, they DID sneak it through.

The good news is that BDS must be taking a toll.

However, I wonder what it is that the zionist lobby expects to accomplish with this provision. The US may bully governments but individuals cannot be made to buy certain products. It's not as though people in the EU get their drinking water and electricity from Israel.

Thinking in extremes (and I've learned to do so when anticipating Israel's plans), I expect that the next move will be to coerce governments into including money for Israel in sales taxes.

mcp

This sneaky maneuver on behalf of the American auxiliary of Likud, AIPAC, is testament to how the BDS movement is gaining traction. Bibi & Co. loathe to repeat the history that happened to the Nasionale Party van Suid-Afrika.

"You WILL buy our tea, and you will enjoy it" - House of Lords 1770

I never realized that as an American citizen, I would be forced to support a rouge
nation and its criminal activities. This is a bit too much.

Israel is a ROGUE nation.

I guess that you are not yet aware that we live in an occupied land. The United States is a colony of Israel. Our tax funds go to arm the Israeli military and to build the settlements on land stolen from the Palestinians. The generous 'donations' that AIPAC uses to bribe our elected officials is just a little kick back to them of the funds they vote to give Israel. Israel is using our tax funds to corrupt our elected officials.

It is plain to be seen that our elected officials are working for the apartheid nation of Israel. This bill to not allow an organized boycott of Israeli imports is a clear indication of our elected official's firm support of Israel. Congress voted to cut our food stamp program and the WIC program of nutritional aid to women, infants and children in our nation and used those tax funds instead to replace all the military hardware we had sent them to destroy Gaza and kill so many people.

Our nation is fighting wars all over the Middle East because these nations are a 'threat to our national security"---or is the real reason to help the formation of Greater Israel? That deed that God gave to the Jews did not have firm borders. It is growing, like a cancer, with funds from the Israeli colony in North America.

TPP = Traitors Protecting Profits, every one of the traitors signing needs a quick trial then shot in the head.

Hatch is nothing but a cheap whore, on his knees servicing the corporate Kochs.
Corporate whores that sell out their country need to be treated with special attention.

Is this America or israel? I can think of a few places I'd rather be if I were younger. Who wants to live in a third world country as a serf?

Haha. Interesting how this Israel thing deflects opposition to the TPP itself!

A new law, openly criticizing Israel, or Israeli politicians is punishable by ten years in prison and a $ 50k fine. Passed by a voice vote in congress.

It must be a source of pride to Israel that they have the best US politicians that money can buy, working 24/7 to promote their interests.
;-})

I hadn't heard this one, but it doesn't surprise me.
;-})

You just have to remember that the Toilet Paper Plan is carefully designed to wipe us all out. People, governments, resources; all are being subordinated to Big Money (the 0.001%) corporate control.
* Profits uber alles!
* Looks like they are coppering their bets to keep damage control over the BDS, which is apparently working.
;-})

Good on ya, mate!
;-})

What a bunch of scumbags. They should all be removed A.S.A.P..

Can you supply a link for this?

It would not suprise me, but I just want to know something for sure.
Anything written into law that specifically names countries for differentiated treatment has got to be wrong.

The United States has a history of bullying every nation in the world, and reshaping the world in its own image. The United States has used military might and economic and financial power to dominate the world since World War 1. How did the United States come to be dominated by such a small, relatively weak country, Israel ?

Americans are stupid, crazy people. Most of the USA is not Jewish, and does not like Jews, come on now, stop lying, be honest ! On the other hand they support Israel, so Billions of Arabs and Muslims around the world don't like the United States. Israel is supposed to protect the Jews from other people, yet Americans support Israel. Why ? Americans are nut jobs.

Three key US power centers --media, finance, and the federal government-- have a disproportionate percentage of Jews in positions of power. In the media, or at least some parts (I've not researched the whole thing) the disproportion amounts to control. I believe that's true, or close to true, of finance as well.

Jews represent 2% of the US population (Prof. Ginsberg, below, claims 3%, but he's the only one I know of that claims more than 2%) EDIT: I just noticed that Ginsberg says both 2% and 3% in different paragraphs. Typo? Editor error?

In the executive branch of the federal government, these Jews hold top positions, some of them very powerful:

Tony Blinken
Deputy National Security Advisor

Danielle Borrin
Director of Intergovernmental Affairs and Deputy Director of Public Engagement

Gary Gensler
Chairman, Commodity Futures Trading Commission

Jonathan Greenblatt
Special Assistant to the President and Director, Office of Social Innovation and Civic Participation (Domestic Policy Council)

Jack Lew
Secretary of the Treasury

Eric Lynn
Middle East Policy Adviser

Matt Nosanchuk
Associate Director, Office of Public Engagement for Jewish Outreach

David Plouffe
Senior Advisor to the President

Daniel Rubenstein
Ambassador to Syria

Dan Shapiro
Ambassador to Israel

Gene Sperling
Director, National Economic Council

Aviva Sufian
Special Envoy, U.S. Holocaust Survivor Services (Inaugural role)

Adam Szubin
Director, Office of Foreign Assets Control (Treasury)

Janet Yellen
Chairwoman, Federal Reserve

David Cohen
Deputy Director, Central Intelligence Agency

David Saperstein
Ambassador for Religious Freedom

There are 12 federal Senators and 22 Congresscreatures who are Jews.

Prof. Benjamin Ginsberg (PolSci, JHU) points out that

Per Mother Jones, 7 of the top-10 funders, and half the top-250, of the 2000 election were Jews.