Home | About | Donate

US Military: We Deliberately Bombed a Hospital

US Military: We Deliberately Bombed a Hospital

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

The U.S. military said Thursday that it intentionally bombed a hospital in Mosul, Iraq as part of its efforts to "eradicate" Islamic State (ISIS) fighters.

The attack on the Al Salam hospital complex took place Wednesday at the request of Iraqi forces, with coalition aircraft using "precision-guided munitions," Air Force Col. John Dorrian, spokesperson for the U.S.-led coalition against ISIS, told reporters.

The difference between a Republican and a Democrat:

Republican: "Let's put boots on the ground!"

Democrats: "Let's just do air strikes."

The dead do not know the difference between the so-called "lesser of two evils,"

Anyone that might still have illusions that the US attack on the MSF hospital in Kunduz was a "mistake" should take another think! The attack, the claims of a "mistake", continued firing after frantic calls to stop the hour-long attack, and the KNOWN exact location of the hospital, point to an intentional targeting/attack and war crime! On Obama's "watch".................

The flight crew of the US C-130 gunship that attacked the MSF hospital in Kunduz questioned the order! The attack was no mistake! This admission of another hospital attack as "deliberate" shows a pattern of such attacks and war crimes!

Everything the MIC does whether in Vietnam, Central America, Africa, Middle East is a WAR CRIME. There will be zero consequences for the perpetrators. Bully power, just like the Israelis.

The US has become everything we used to accuse "rogue" nations of doing. Kill civilians, target hospitals, torture prisoners, kidnap people, hire mercenaries with taxpayer money, lock up whistle blowers, you name it. Perpetual war for profit has destroyed any pretense of American honor.

Russia has been calling out this latest hospital bombing in Iraq as a US military action since the moment it happened. The US military now agrees. Are the US military the latest "Putin stooges" or maybe Russia just knew and told the truth here from the outset. Who will be fired or disciplined for this? Why is this endless killing and destruction in Iraq being perpetuated? How is the US benefiting from these horrors? What is the point? Maybe these wars will end as happened in Vietnam. Not so much by demonstrations and media but by soldiers refusing orders.

That is why I usually refer to this nation as the Fourth Reich. I see less and less difference every year.
;-})

Sorry, I side with the victims of ALL war crimes -- I don't care who it is dropping the bombs. Go share your amoral calculus face-to-face with the surviving family members of the victims, I'm sure they'd understand, right? It's not a numbers game.

MURDER BY NUMBERS
(The Police)

Once that you've decided on a killing,
First you make a stone of your heart.
And if you find that your hands are still willing,
Then you can turn a murder into art.

There really isn't any need for bloodshed,
You just do it with a little more finesse.
If you can slip a tablet into someone's coffee,
Then it avoids an awful lot of mess.

It's murder by numbers, 1, 2, 3,
It's as easy to learn as your ABC.
Murder by numbers, 1, 2, 3,

Now if you have a taste for this experience
And you're flushed with your very first success,
Then you must try a twosome or a threesome
And you'll find your conscience bothers you much less

Because murder is like anything you take to
It's a habit-forming need for more and more.
You can bump off every member of your family
And anybody else you find a bore

Because it's murder by numbers, 1, 2, 3,
It's as easy to learn as your ABC

Now you can join the ranks of the illustrious
In history's great dark hall of fame.
All our greatest killers were industrious
At least the ones that we all know by name.

But you can reach the top of your profession
If you become the leader of the land,
For murder is the sport of the elected,
And you don't need to lift a finger of your hand

Because it's murder by numbers, 1, 2, 3,
It's as easy to learn as your A, B, C, D, E

Can you show me how exactly you have deduced that I am a racist from my comments? All the more ironic since I actually voted for the man in 2008 and 2012. It's pretty pointless to speak to anyone who automatically reaches for the "you-hate-Obama-therefore-you're-a-racist" fallacy. You obviously don't get it.

The military has a history of changing their story.

The problem with the military's latest story is verifying that ISIS fighters were using the hospital as a base. Wouldn't some of the surviving doctors and nurses have heard the machine guns going off within their hospital?

The latest story provides the U.S. military with a better cover against a possible war crimes tribunal. The first military story, "we don't know who bombed the hospital," didn't work because it wasn't believable. The second military story, "fog of war, we got the coordinates wrong," didn't sell because Doctors Without Borders had a big banner on the hospital and the Air Force isn't that stupid. This latest story, "Self-defense," leaves open the theoretical shadow of fire coming from the hospital, so bombing those doctors could possibly have been military self-defense.

We keep hearing similar strings of multiple story shifts in certain police shootings. "Well, he didn't have a gun but he had something or other that might possibly have been seen as a gun, so it was self-defense."

"Follow the money" is always appropriate......................and usually accurate.

For-profit war, as American as apple pie!

"It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one
international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the
losses in lives." - Marine Maj-General Smedley Butler, twice recipient of the Medal of Honor - from his "War is a Racket".

https://archive.org/stream/WarIsARacket/WarIsARacket_djvu.txt

But when you consider the US history of genocide of the First Nations and enslavement which entailed kidnapping of the African this has been its foundation.

Ok, Don -- you tell me -- what is a criticism am I permitted to lead with that would sound more credible? I don't have to prove my "anti-racist credentials" to anyone when race was not even an issue that I brought up out of the blue -- you did that.

The issue is quite simple: I have a problem with indiscriminate bombing. You apparently do not. It is not morally acceptable to me, whether Bill Clinton does it, GWB does it or Obama does it or Trump does it. Or any head of state of any other nation, or a terrorist group. Anything else is deliberate obfuscation of the issue.

So when Donald Trump starts murdering people via drones it will be ok right?

And by the way, are you a combat veteran? Just wondering how you know what "a safe distance from a drone attack is" and even more perplexing to me is how one would know "when a drone attack would occur" to stand that safe distance?

ps. you are lucky to live in Canada, I don't believe your prime minister has ever killed an actual Canadian citizen via a drone strike?

MLK said that we should not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but rather by the content of his character.
I'd like to know when you are going to stop looking at Obama's skin colour, and start looking at the content of his character.

I suppose Dr. West is a racist.

Rational people can have a conversation about Obama's shortcomings without your facile invectives.

It's not just Dr. West railing against Obama.

" I could be wrong because Americans aren't 100% racists, they're only about 50% amongst the Dems and 79% amongst the Repubs."

Interesting.... That's what the propaganda up there in Canada is promoting these days?

Newsflash, the racist card is all done in the US, it's been used so much by the progressive elites, it's now pretty common joke that is you're white might as well admit you are a racist. The racism accusation might still mean something up there but it has been rendered obsolete here, you know the old story with boy crying wolf.

You still haven't addressed the content of Obama's character. BTW you know nothing of me aside from your pre-conceived notions. Ad hominem attacks are unbecoming.

The wild thing is that Don from Canada doesn't even know if the people he is calling racist for their criticism of Obama are white.