Home | About | Donate

US Pressures G20 Into Dropping Climate Reference from Joint Statement

T-Rex and Pruitt are tap dancing in the WH halls, giddy with their ongoing "success"...at the expense of all life and our planet. They and their families are not immune to the disastrous effects of ongoing pollution of the air, soil, water, oceans coupled with climate change no matter how large the piles of money they and their corporate puppet masters accumulate. May they all rot in Haedes!

You are spot on! Thank you.

I agree. Unfortunately, for our purposes, then only place that might actually exist and that fits the bill will be planet Earth in the not too distant future and our progeny will be burning along with them.

TPP was dead before Trump was elected based on what?

Based on the entire EU and other nations being against it.

The Gallup poll finds that 85% of Republicans do not think global warming will pose a serious threat in their lifetime and 66% say that the global warming is exaggerated by the news media.

Also the Obama Administration did stop both DAPL and the Keystone pipeline - though clearly they let many more go through.

The EU was not part of the TPP.

Obama Administration Gives Up on Pacific Trade Deal

Just days after Donald Trump surprise victory, U.S. officials said Republican congressional leaders had made clear that they wouldn’t consider the 12-nation Trans-Pacific Partnership in the remainder of Mr. Obama’s term. The White House had lobbied hard for months in the hope of moving forward on the pact if the Democratic nominee, Hillary Clinton, had won.

The failure to pass what is by far the biggest trade agreement in more than a decade is a bitter defeat for Mr. Obama, whose belated but fervent support for freer trade divided his party and complicated the campaign of Mrs. Clinton.

Hello blueseahorse, The earth will abide and eventually will have another dominant species on the planet. It might take a few billion years or so but it will eventually happen. The other possibility is for some alien species to make the planet a new home for themselves.

Hello Seatower, The ninth circle of hell is another alternative for the alt-facts crowd! I hear that the temps down there will be just what they need!

Amerika has always voted for the best interests of big business, even when it's not in amerika's or the amerikan people's best interest! Case in point, the elections of 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012 and most recently 2016!

I am sorry dpearl but the question here is PC comment "Most of the people who voted for Trump cheered his position that "global warming is a hoax"". I asked for a link.

Not sure why you responded but you did and what you offered points out that PC posted a little BS. If 85% of republicans do not think global warming will pose a serious threat in their lifetime and 66% say that the global warming is exaggerated by the news media then at least 85% of republicans know global warming exists but do not know when it will effect them. This very well proves my point to PC. Thanks for doing the research.

I was just pointing out the kind of data that does exist. Regular national pollsters don't ask questions in quite the way that PC stated - but I assume he wasn't trying to be completely literal in that. At any rate your conclusion that "at least 85% of Republicans know global warming exists but do not know when it will effect them," does not follow at all from Gallup's data. A person that does not believe in global warming at all would certainly be part of the 85%.

I do think it is safe to say that Republicans are generally skeptical of the importance of the global warming issue despite what the scientific research shows.

Frankly, I think the bigger issue is that Republicans don't like liberals/progressives. This being a "progressive" issue, they just want to wreck it.

Okay I like you and think you are a nice person. I will not argue. However, I will tell you that I have family and friends who are republicans. I have had to deal with them for years. None the less I love them. They are the best. I have daughters which brings to me young men willing to impress. NO ONE WANTS TO TALK ABOUT ACD. It is not PC politically correct to talk about anthropogenic climate disruption. Its this unpleasantness about us all choking on our own waste or dying in some storm that defies imagination. Even if the storm is drought. No one looks you in the eye when they reveal that all this is heaped on our children. We have been so ball less that we have not even prepared them for the changes they will face. God help us when all this shit is no longer rechargeable. The sound heard around the world will be DUH. The charts churned out by Wall Street will flat line or drop forever.

Those folks will not even be able to download the video of folks at the pipeline protest setting up teepees. So in an emergency maybe your phone will catch fire and you will have heat. /H?

I think you nailed it but it goes both ways.

Eh, I don't think so, not quite in the same way. But we live in their world now anyway.

No we all live in one world. Different but equal. We have more in common than one would think.

I live in a red area and work in a blood red one. We have things in common, but Medicare-for-all, breaking up the banks, and banning fracking sure ain't it.

I agree that people will generally prefer to talk about the reality-tv and soap opera sides of politics than about the policy side and the big global issues like climate change. Personally, I much prefer the other way around - but then I'm a nerdy Statistics Professor.