Home | About | Donate

Venezuelan Government Denounces US Seizure of Embassy, Arrest of Peace Activists as Violation of Vienna Convention

Venezuelan Government Denounces US Seizure of Embassy, Arrest of Peace Activists as Violation of Vienna Convention

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Venezuelan Deputy Foreign Minister Carlos on Thursday urged the Trump administration not to hand over the country's embassy in Washington, D.C. to leaders of an attempted coup after U.S. law enforcement forcibly removed peace activists who have lived there for since last month as guests of President Nicolás Maduro's government.

3 Likes

The U.S. government showing, once again, that it is above international law and treaties and…

9 Likes

Well they took out julian assange. That took many years. This was a piece of cake.

2 Likes

No, Assange has been marginalized for those many years, and in pretty much solitary confinement. Worse after his internet connections were cut off of course. The totalitarian Empire got to him and now they physically have their hands on him.

I won’t be the least surprised if he’s discovered dead of ‘suicide’ because, you know, he was so depressed. Kind of like Sandra Bland (anybody else see the newly released video she personally took before she was murdered in jail?).

At least Wikileaks has managed to continue its good work though it, too, has been greatly reduced in its ability to stay solvent while doing that work.

As for Venezuela, we ain’t seen nothing yet. Trump has to at least equal the violence and war crimes of Obama, Hillary, Dick Cheney, Wanker Bush, Bill Clinton, HW Bush, and Saint Ronnie Ray-guns (that Obama admired for crying out loud!). Trump just won’t be a real man without those war-sized cajones. But then there is Iran, eh? Throw nuclear missiles at that country, or maybe pulverize their nuclear plants and irradiate everything all the way through India? I’m not sure that takes big cojones or a special kind of mind sickness.

The human madness virus. It is very powerful.

sealintheSelkirks

5 Likes

But now the swedes have reopened the “rape” case. They dont have him “physically” yet! Hopefully they never will.

2 Likes

These folk should not have been arrested. In addition to criminalizing progressive journalism, the US government criminalizes dissent. While, my guess is that these folk will face no more than a few months to a year in jail, the government could easily throw a barrage of infractions at them that could end up leaving them in jail for the rest of their lives. In the past, the government used prosecutions as a means of economically impoverishing activists.

But as Fredrick Douglas said: “The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress”

5 Likes

I’m tired of talking about the criminals in power, so here’s a little treat for all you ladies and gentlemen old enough to remember:

2 Likes

Hi Steve _Fernandez, maybe Mitt Romney will come in and take over and declare himself the new US president, This might be fun. Ot maybe Cheney , major weird-man that is will he run the MARS Squad and take over the Pentagon----after shooting Eric Prince in the face on a hunting trip…Cheney is not that original so I’m sure he’ll repeat the same tactic–and get away with it of course. : 0 Doesn’t it just feel like the US government is channeling Monty Python?. : )

1 Like

Not a single story at MSNBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, DW or the Guardian about the illegal take-over of the Venezuelan embassy. It is the main story on “propaganda” sites like Sputnik and teleSUR. We have entered bizarro land as Tucker Carlson is saying war with Iran would be stupid while Rachael Maddow is banging the drums for military action in Venezuela. Why isn’t the Secret Service being grilled for their role in the takeover by Congress as they are the agency charged with protecting embassies? Oh, I forgot, the Democrats want the Venezuelan oil as badly as the Republicans. The UN and ICC are as worthless as tits on a boar hog.

2 Likes

For the third time mind you. The Swedes seem to close the case for lack of evidence then magically reopen it based on the same. This is the same male ruminant scatology they pulled on Daniel Ellsberg and MLK. This is the US back up plan in case the UK courts rule in Assange’s favor while having the added bonus of trying to sway public opinion against him. Assange will never face these charges as his plane would touchdown just long enough for refueling for the flight to the US.

2 Likes

DISGUSTING COUP-ORIENTED D.C. State Department officials gave their stamp of approval on violating International Law as they took over the Venezuelan Embassy in Washington.

Has this nation no shame left?

3 Likes

I wonder if response to this will Venezuela kick out the people from their U.S. embassy. On one hand they are perfectly justified in doing that. On the other hand if they do do such an act it will give the U.S. the perfect excuse to start a war. Ugh, situations like these make me almost grateful that climate change is going to soon kill off humanity.

4 Likes

I thought the phrase was, "worthless as tits on a bull."

But boar hog adds a new flavor.

How about all of the inhuman swamp creatures in this administration?

Will they be allowed to slink off into the primordial ooze?

Unfortunately them, in addition to the rich, will likely be some of the last to go. They have their contingency plans and resources to outlive the peasants. But who knows, maybe they will be the first to be targeted by the furious masses.

1 Like

If I survive what is to come, myself and a few others will make it our remaining life’s mission, to locate and eliminate those responsible for the shirtstorm of the recent past.

We’ll do it for the sport of it.

3 Likes

No, no it doesn’t.
Welcome to Naziland! It will only get worse.

1 Like

It could be the opposite. They could sue the entity that rousted them.

And Chelsea Manning was arrested and jailed again today.

What is it going to take to STOP this shit!?!

If our government was channeling Python, they would be revealing the truth in a very humerus way. Time to watch the Life of Brian again. Time for us all to “Look on the Bright Side of Life” being as we are all gonna die from this tyranny one way or another.

2 Likes