Home | About | Donate

'Very Dark Day': Democrats Lash Out After McConnell Rams Through 'Nuclear Option' for Trump Judges

'Very Dark Day': Democrats Lash Out After McConnell Rams Through 'Nuclear Option' for Trump Judges

Eoin Higgins, staff writer

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's latest maneuver to push federal judges onto the bench will facilitate their quick approval in the Senate, a move that has his critics in the chamber concerned for the institution and the courts.

The latest in McConnell's scheme to pack the courts come hell or high water would limit debate on district court appointees from 30 hours to two.

1 Like

These M.F’s are vicious muderous fascist dictators, they want the wealthy to rule and keep all of the loop

6 Likes

Joseph Welch to Joseph McCarthy: You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency?

Too bad Welch couldn’t have stuck around a lot longer. He could’ve said this quote to many more vile politicians, most of whom are outclassed by Mitch McConnell.

Well, maybe Niemöller’s prediction will come true, and MRS. McConnell and reptilian-amphibian-like humanoids will be in that line…

What will it take for Kentucky voters to wake up?
Feh.

4 Likes

Hi ToniWintroub : sigh----America is getting very crazy—and People like McConnell seem completely insane. The people, when they realize the damage, will just start shooting---- and I think a lot of those people will be ex military people who had their souls ripped out in all of these wars. Another intriguing trio : crazy government, vampires and silver bullets—all seem a natural grouping. The Mitch person seems devoid of any humanity—what a sad man–who is making America an even sadder place. : (

5 Likes

I don’t think it is hard to see what’s going on. If Mitch can get ALL of these positions filled, they are there till they quit. All that leaves liberals is to appoint those vacancies when they periodically appear. And I think it is because they are afraid the posse is coming, and their opportunity’s to subvert are growing smaller after 2020.

3 Likes

They have been scheming this takeover of the US for decades. The federalist Society, the Koch Brothers. Reagan started us down the slope towards destruction and Trump seems to be finishing it. What will be left after they get done but a fascist state?

7 Likes

McConnell must be getting paid. I think money in his pocket is the only thing he cares about. Probably getting it under the table from the Koch brothers.

3 Likes

Many people give Obama a hard time over his “Hope and Change” comments. We should take a moment to imagine that sentiment playing out with a democratic senate, house, and presidency. How many aspects of government could have had a non-partisan aspect to them for a long time.
Instead we got to see how disgusting America could become under total republican rule. How fricking sad.

3 Likes

How about we ram a gavel up Traitorous Terrapin’s treasonous ass.

3 Likes

How we as a people allow only “one” individual to have so much power to negatively affect us all, amazes me.

If only, there was a mass awakening of the voting electorate, to the utter stupidity of their collective actions of supporting the corrupt form of governance better known as the Duopoly, we may have a chance to redeem ourselves to our children for handing them our mistakes in the form of the Facist Focker in the White House, along with the widening swamp full of leeches, snakes, and slimeballs.

5 Likes

i agree. that’s been the goal for decades, and disgusting to find out is that the supreme court has been part of the deal for many, many decades. all that realization is what makes me feel pretty hopeless. i do have a question, tho. neither reagan nor dump is very smart. who are the real brains behind this conspiracy to overtake the country and turn it into a true fascist state? who is trying to make it even worse, i.e., neo-nazi (DHS, ICE, CBP)?

i’m no student of history… clement’s book, corporations are NOT people, gives an eye-opening dark history of the supreme court going much further back than the federalist society and reagan. right now, i’m reading kaplan’s the most dangerous branch: inside the supreme court’s assault on the constitution.

R321, because i’m limited to number of posts, i’ll comment on your next observation. mcconnell is not interested in just money; he’s into power. his wifey-poo, sec of transportation, comes from a very rich family and the two of them have amassed a buncha $$$. as for him getting paid, the whole damn congress is a bunch of whores. (i use that word because i have more respect for the hard-working, hard-luck people who are in the sex trade industry, prostitution.)

3 Likes

it won’t fit. gardner’s and barasso’s and cornyn’s heads are in there.

1 Like

Kentucky voters…waking up…ROFLMAO

1 Like

The hard time was because he pulled the wool over so many people’s eyes with his “hope and change” bullsh#t. There’s a reason he’s getting $400,000 for his speeches to Wall Street now. It’s his big pay-off for serving them for 8 years. Why is it the Democrats could never pass anything? They could have used the ‘nuclear option’ that the Republicans use all the time. They had a working majority, especially when Obama first came in. They lost it because they did things like support Joe Lieberman in his re-election so he could continue voting with the Republicans and the Dems didn’t have to pass anything that would upset their corporate donors. It’s theatre.

4 Likes

And the Dumbocraps Lash Out once again. Sad.

Read Democracy In Chains. It’s all there.

4 Likes

Take a break fellow Dreamers. Here’s some Polish Psychedelia just released…

Ignu for you.

The inmates are running the asylum and have decided to give all of us the death penalty. The increasingly cruel kind.

1 Like

…MF’in McConnell needs to burn…

2 Likes

Thx, J. I DID just try Monday night to get that from the library. Will try again as soon as I finish the one they had, Dark Money.