Home | About | Donate

#VeteransForKaepernick Takes Off to Support Quarterback's Political Protest

#VeteransForKaepernick Takes Off to Support Quarterback's Political Protest

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

U.S. military veterans are speaking out in support of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, whose protest against the national anthem prompted a wave of criticism claiming he had disrespected veterans by not paying tribute to the American flag.

bless all the vets and Colin for speaking out for a true democracy not the white supremacist bullshit we have been spoonfed since forever. I NEVER stand up for the flag or the "anthem" of war and slavery. why should anybody in their right mind? I am about to start watching the 49'rs play once again! thanx Colin.

Good for Kaepernick and the veterans supporting him. Even if the anthem wasn't racist, and we had a government worth praising, it's just creepy to try and shame people into participating in this authoritarian group worship of symbols. In fact, Christians, isn't this a Golden Calf situation?

I think we should change the national anthem to "Everything is Awesome" from the Lego movie:

Like I have said time and time again. Friends do not let friends forget. The best of or in the worst of times. Perhaps when HATE's latest provocateurs find true self, what that sense means exactly, they will then know what it feels to be regarded as life less valuable, potential curbed or mortally denied, They then will understand true strength is the action of the self knowing respect for another and that differences are opportunities to build upon not tear down.