Home | About | Donate

Video Reveals "Wholesale Transfer and Privatization of America's Public Lands" on Trump's Agenda, Says Watchdog Group

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/02/14/video-reveals-wholesale-transfer-and-privatization-americas-public-lands-trumps

2 Likes

Ask a Republican what an ecotone is and they will probably reply “what genre of music is that?” That is what we are dealing with folks–troglodytes, money-grubbing troglodytes. Betcha they taste like chicken and give you coronavirus.

3 Likes

The Dem candidates should speak up on this outrage.

How about promising these scum that we will take these lands back in the next Administration. Asset Forfeiture

4 Likes

Yes, because privatization of things like prisons has worked so well. This would likely mean that our public lands are only for the 1% then – that is the part of them that they don’t destroy.

2 Likes

This is no surprise. Privatization of everything was the bases of his “100 Day Plan” pre-election plan.

4 Likes

remember this when the fools try to tell you there is no difference between the parties in the “duopoly” - they are selling out the environment, wildlife (and immigrants, labor, consumers, gays…) with that message

2 Likes

To foreign companies no less.

1 Like

And probably the monetization of everything.

1 Like

This sets a new low in the extreme, “do-whatever-I/we-want-to-do” category of outrageous deeds by this demented president and his Pirate administration. Stealing MY public lands and giving them away to the well-healed, influential private owner/land barons? Who in the hell gives this psychotic ass-hat the permission to do this???!? Enough of this madness!! And yes, the Dem’s should be talking about this, so why haven’t I heard ANYTHING about this issue?-except for here on “CD”?

6 Likes

For those of you who are in need of a reference or need some positive feedback please consider listening to Ralph Nader’s podcast from September 28, 2019
UGO MATTEI educator, activist, lawyer and writer
“The Turning Point in Private Law : Ecology, Technology and the Commons” only in Hardback and very expensive
“Fighting for Water”
“Plunder when the rule of law is illegal” and more.
If not familiar with this man his point of view is unique and he won a fight against the government of Italy and the UE against corporate takeover of water in Italy.

2 Likes

Where…are the citizens of the United States? Put your tools down, put your pens and pencils down, turn off your computers…it’s time to ," hit the bricks". Take your country back. Return your country to a Democracy…by the people and for the people. In 2014, Professor Noam Chomsky gave a talk entitled," Why you can not have a Capitalist Democracy!". Have a watch and listen.
Mr. Blair M. Phillips
Canada
Retired

1 Like

My father worked for the Department of the Interior, we lived at Chaco Canyon, and Ft. Laramie and visited other National Parks every summer. DAMN THIS SELFISH RETARDED THUG ALL THE WAY TO HELL! He, and his idiot 1%ers don’t even deserve the job of cleaning the bathrooms on OUR National Parks, let alone having control of them! Put them all on the doretard’s helicopter and shove them out over an active volcano!

Trump has GOT to be removed for the safety of this planet – NOW!

3 Likes

“evidence that public lands are under threat of being privatized” - let’s translate that statement to “evidence that public lands are under threat of being stolen”! Stolen from the American people to enrich trump cronies and other uber wealthy entities! A premeditated accumulation of vast wealth via “tax cuts” that make such open theft from the public possible!

Where TF is Congress as this theft is even contemplated? Are there no people of integrity wisdom and concern for the Natural World left?! Democrats and republicans both are complicit if they remain silent! Silence IS complicity!

The National Parks and Monuments, National Forests, protected habitat and lands, terrestrial and marine, are being sold-off to vast wealth! That ability should NOT exist! The tax rates lowered over decades by both parties seeking political advantage and favor are a large part of the crime trump & co are taking advantage of!

Non-partisan leaders worthy the title have for generations sometimes did come together to protect The Wild, but under the corrupt criminal reign of the malignant emperor, trump the first, that public responsibility is now dominated by the power and greed of money alone regardless the environmental destruction and wildlife extinction consequences!

The crimes and destruction of our Republic and Natural World under this odious ignorant depraved and pathological monster is beyond all bounds of common decency and concern for our nation - concern for the Common Good! That IS treason and trump should be charged, prosecuted, and dance at the end of a rope for the disastrous, frankly evil, actions that diminish our nation and planet to enrich the few!
When the evil treasonous creature is run out of the office that now shields him together with the complicit Congress, I hope millions demand such prosecutions and justice!
BS!

5 Likes

Anyone ever heard of adverse possession? Adverse possession is the law that states that one party’s continuous occupation and use of a parcel or tract of land, at most usually twenty years, means that ownership of that land transfers to the party occupying it, regardless of deed.’We the people own our national parks and wilderness areas, not Donald Trump, therefore he is not entitled to transfer title of any public lands to private entities. If he does we just need to get enough people to go on the property that was sold by Trump to private interests and throw the private interests the fuck off the land as squatters. Now, about taking these special interests and anti citizen public officials being shoved from a helicopter into a volcano. I have another idea. You know those really high towering rock pinnacles out in the Rockie Mountains? Ever see one with a huge rock balanced precariously on top of one. Ever wondered how much weight it would take to offset that balance? Yeah, I’ll bet you’re thinking along the same lines as I. How about rather than pushing these poor oligarchs into a volcano we push them off onto one end of said balanced rock and do so one by one until we determine just how many oligarchs it takes to unbalance the big rock atop the pinnacle. Hey beside determining the weight needed to tip said rock we also get to find out how much racket it makes when it lands in the canyon far below! A twofer!!!

3 Likes

When each furbaby I have loved was very young and learning to jump off of objects I have given them a tiny push and told them to “fly-y-y-y-y little birdie” – I will accept and adopt your suggestion if I can be there to push them and tell each one of them to fly-y-y-y little birdie. They ignored Gaia all their miserable lives, so yeah, She absolutely should get their last scream!

I thought of that too. But what happens if there has been a factory or Walmart built?

We could hire Wyle E Coyote.

What a nightmare we’re living.

2 Likes

If they were warned up front -
Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances

Fuckem

I guess that’s why we went from five year plans to ten year plans. To make change more difficult when bad plans have been hatched.

We used to have locked in c.o.l. increases. They have connived ways to dodge that today.

1 Like