Home | About | Donate

'Violence Is Being Incited': DC Braces for Trump-Endorsed Anti-Democracy Rally on Wednesday

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/01/04/violence-being-incited-dc-braces-trump-endorsed-anti-democracy-rally-wednesday

2 Likes

I would urge people associated with antifa and other more far Left/anarchist groups stay away, along with any well meaning Leftist/Progressive protesters. If they are in the middle of the violence, even if they didn’t start it, it will be classic ‘both sidesism’ coverage from all the MSM. Let the whole country see that it is the fascist thugs who want to destroy this country and will incite violence to that end.

10 Likes

Please say a prayer for the national guard soldiers assigned to be near a DC police person.
The NG will not have bullet proof vests nor weapons.
Sec’y of the army trying to help create mayhem?

The soldiers are in grave danger if the kkk types show up armed - and some surely will.
No soldier should be placed out to be an easy target for some macho 2nd amendment guy armed with extended clips.

WE will also be very sorry if the kkk’ers are able to gain access into government
buildings.

4 Likes

This administration had no problem charging “Inciting others to riot” when peaceful protesters were in the streets protesting Trump’s horrific policies and actions.

If the current DOJ will not issue charges against this criminal president, We the People must insure the next DOJ does.

3 Likes

Shooting from the hip, I would like to hear from all of the living Presidents, Vice Presidents (is Cheney technically alive?), and EVERYONE of note, pUBLICy, pick a SIDE.
Democracy vs. Tyranny.
Hate vs. Community.
Wealth vs. Wellbeing.
America vs. Itself.
Earth vs. Void.

2 Likes

When your enemy is defeating themselves, don’t get in their way.

• Whoever said that first
6 Likes

They said 300 unarmed, but bullet proof is PPI.

The soldiers will be outside about 115 at a time.
I expect troubles in D.C. and the gov’t NSA has
more solid information than I do. Since the mid
1950’s, we usually infiltrate these hate groups
or hire their leader as a source.

1 Like

Why would Trump want all these fascist, thugs to come to D.C. on Wednesday? I would argue Trump wants the protests claiming election fraud, to become so violent and out of control so that Trump has an excuse to declare Martial Law.

5 Likes

Yours is excellent advice and also great strategy. There is nothing to be gained by counter demonstrations. The majority of Americans are on the side of a peaceful transition of power and as you say, the media will resort to “both sidesism” in their manipulation against the left, you know, those who oppose fascism. I hope your advice wins the day and America can witness the idiot Trumpers in action. As it is, if the police do not allow these children in with their guns, it will be spun as “the commies taking our guns away” but better that than dead Americans.

2 Likes

This is probably why he hurried back to DC from Mar-a-lago. Either that or an invasion of Iran is imminent.

3 Likes

Nudge, nudge,
wink, wink.

If they are serious about crowd control,
they tested advanced prototypes out in Mosul.

The Capitol of Capital likely has a few tricks up it’s sleeve, imagine a spectrum from teargas to dematerialization, liquifaction. I bet they still have muskets and thumbscrews on hand for shits and giggles.

2 Likes

If you want an ex-president to say something, you have to pay him a quarter of a million dollars.

2 Likes

#gofundmeSTIM$600aPOPbuyCounterInsurrection

Color me deeply skeptical. Maybe it’s because I’m a fan of detective fiction, or something. In “On Writing” Stephen King describes a writing-camp game called “Did he?” where each player improvises the next chapter of a collaborative tale-on-the-fly, after which everyone votes on whether they buy it or not: did he? Could that character really do something like that?

This moment when the suspension of disbelief snaps irreparably is so often when a movie crumples into a screenwriting catastrophe. If nobody can even believe the people are real, it’ll just be boring. Sometimes it’s a lot of work to make art seem lifelike, especially for screenwriters.

Your script, where the protests somehow bring on martial law, which somehow brings on Orangeman retaining office… How can I put this nicely? It needs work. As is, with handwaving to fill in the details, it makes no sense. Not a very plausible screenplay. For one thing: what violence, against what?

This is the second time Kenny has an article tiptoeing towards “be very afraid” territory, and it’s starting to make me wonder if you two are working off the same lousy screenplay. Do y’all really expect to see these red-hatted and -bearded potbellied rockabilly renegades burn down the Starbucks or something? Storm Congress? (Hustle up those steps?) Will someone please explain – are they planning to crap in the street or something? That much shouldn’t be an earth-shattering problem.

For another thing: where do you get the idea that declaring martial law means the next president doesn’t get to take office? The Civil War started between Lincoln’s election and his inauguration. Scripts of the fantasy genre do not meet our current needs, but thanks anyhow.

1 Like

Yo, new Covid strain! Here’s a lot of fresh meat for you to feast on. Young and juicy. Just come on by. Not a mask in sight. All bunched together yelling.
In two weeks, we’ll see how many of the Proud Boys are on vents, or else denied care because ICU’s are too full. The word boys says it all, eh? Not a man among them.
Meanwhile, north of the border, it’s getting hot in Alberta, with top politicos falling on their swords because they travelled outside the country for the holidays. And one Ontario Minister has already resigned because he went to St Barths for a three week holiday, pretending he was still at home during a “fireside chat”.

5 Likes

They should also stay away because they will be violating the COVID-19 health guidelines. Gatherings – in or outdoors – are strongly discouraged by the health guidelines. And when half the people refuse to social distance and don’t cover their nose with their mask as I see on occasion where I live, stupid is in. I’m sure the orange loser’s cultists don’t care about gatherings since they still believe that COVID is a hoax – then why did their messiah keeping rushing for a vaccine; you need a vaccine for a hoax? and he claimed to have had the hoax for a few days at Walter Reed last year? – but anyone who would be protesting the orange cultists supposedly takes COVID seriously, or one would hope.

5 Likes

Thanks for reminding the Yanks that things are FUBAR here too.

2 Likes

During Carter’s four years there were no bombings, shooting of civilians, only a march toward peace.
We lost our way when Raygun rode into town.

3 Likes

~https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/04/enrique-tarrio-rightwing-proud-boys-arrested

1 Like