Home | About | Donate

Viral Racism and the Politics of Distraction

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/08/02/viral-racism-and-politics-distraction

Too bad they have no plans to stop ignoring the real story of September 11 2001.
Eighteen years of distraction and lies, over a million deaths, two nations damaged almost to destruction, and the largest robbery in all history.
And those are probably the best parts of the awful truth that the government and the people ignore- the truth which (if they acknowledge the issue at all) they reject vehemently, sometimes violently, using “patriotism” and “God” as allies and enforcers, not solving but continuing this diabolical fraud concerning the biggest domestic and international crime since 1945, when the first A-bombs were dropped, which was done not for survival, but for the purpose of showing off to the Russians while terrorizing the rest of humanmty.
I’ve stated this as gently as I can, but the reality is very, very, dark; yet the will of the people is to support that very darkness and evil. Oh, we are a prayerful nation all right- as in,“don’t have a”.

2 Likes

That was perfect. Amen to that.

“He referred to the primarily black district of congressman Elijah Cummings as a “disgusting, rat and rodent-infested mess.””

About on par with other opinions of the place…

" The fact of the matter is that America is the wealthiest country in the history of the world. But anyone who took the walk that we took around this neighborhood [in west Baltimore] would not think you’re in a wealthy nation. You would think that you’re in a Third World country."" Sen. Bernie Sanders

“What the hell? We should just take all this sh-t down. You can smell the rats. Oh my G-d, you can smell the dead animals.” Baltimore mayor Catherine Pugh

“This morning, I left my community of Baltimore – a drug-infested area where a lot of the drugs we are talking about today have already taken the lives of so many children. The same children that I watched 14 or 15 years ago as they grew up, now walking around like zombies.” Rep. Elijah Cummings

1 Like

This happens after decades of Neoliberalism. Common good is not profitable so wages do not apply.