Home | About | Donate

Viral Tweet Helps Fuel 5.8 Million Frequent Flyer Mile Donations to Families Separated by Trump

Viral Tweet Helps Fuel 5.8 Million Frequent Flyer Mile Donations to Families Separated by Trump

Julia Conley, staff writer

With many keenly aware of the chaos and heartache President Donald Trump caused by implementing his family separation and child detention policies, Trump critics have donated millions of frequent flyer miles to families who remain separated more than a month after the president was forced to end the practice.

The families that the group is helping all have government approval to be reunited and relocated to join their families who are already based in the U.S., Miles 4 Migrants co-founder Nicholas Ruiz told Buzzfeed.

"The only thing holding them back is the cost of the flight," he said.

And … great idea!

When the computer and twitter connected citizens jump to help save complete strangers and their families -------, and this work is faster and better than any government in its results ----------wow, what a positive response for the FREE SPEECH action of Net Neutrality! : )

Strange that the court did not make the federal government pay these transportation expenses. Can the Trump administration be sued in this regard? Think of the damage this has caused to these families.

Callme –

Strange that the court did not make the federal government pay these transportation expenses. Can the Trump administration be sued in this regard? Think of the damage this has caused to these families.

Agree –

And should be lawsuits – I can think of any number of cases where citizens should be suing government.

Few of these people are citizens…I don’t know how that would affect their standing in a U.S. court.

What happened to the rest of your post that came through in my e-mail? Did you delete that portion before the cut-off time to do that arrived; or, was your post censored/modified?

Call me –

Callme –

Few of these people are citizens…I don’t know how that would affect their standing in a U.S. court.

True – I was surprised to read that this even happened.
Even that the organization representing them existed and succeeded.
Perhaps these particular immigrants had family here which should have
been considered in the first place if that were true.
Of course, just happy that these cases have resulted in re-unions with children.

What happened to the rest of your post that came through in my e-mail? Did you delete that portion before the cut-off time to do that arrived; or, was your post censored/modified?

Fortunately, I caught it before it was too late to edit it -
I hadn’t actually looked at my comment again to see what you were replying to –
specifically immigrants and this court case –
and I was replying generally to all of the issues where we could and likely should be suing government.
Then, the word COURT rang a bell in my mind and I realized the reply I made had to be changed.
But – if you read the email, you can probably figure it out from there. Apologies!