Home | About | Donate

Virginia Online Registration Portal Left Unworkable—Just Hours Before Deadline—After Cable 'Accidentally Cut'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/13/virginia-online-registration-portal-left-unworkable-just-hours-deadline-after-cable

1 Like

Well surprise surprise surprise!! Gosh that sure is one huckuva coincidence! Imagine that! Why if we didn’t know better we might even suspect that someone done went and cut that cable on purpose! But this here’s Murca and dammit Murca’s the greatest country ever made. So natcherally its just a coincidence.

4 Likes

Yeah, as Gomer Pyle would say. Folks: this is just the tip of the iceberg and this election is going to get very ugly before it is over with, because the ORGANIZED CRIME SYNDICATE, will do what ever it takes to steal the 2020 election!

4 Likes

Something spectacular is goin to happen on Election Day. I hope it’s not what I think it will be, but I’d put some money down on it.
There will be an attack on a polling site early on November 3. Some backward assed nazi militia group will slaughter a few people at a relatively insignificant polling location. It will hit the national news and people will be frightened to leave their homes.
I could be wrong. I hope I’m wrong. But these people are desperate. And you know what they say about desperate people.

5 Likes

It also shows just how fragile our infrastructure is.

I remember a few years back when a gravel truck snagged a single fiber optic line in southern Maine and took out communications for most of the state.

Maybe Biden will create a federal Department of Redundancy Department so that these things cannot happen - no, I forgot, “nothing will basically change” according to Status Quo Joe.

3 Likes

Probably a good time to remind those Faithful supporters that if you count the times Jesus invokes “love” and the times he rails against “hypocrites,” Jesus seemed to think hypocrisy was a more important subject.

Strange but true, at least as the English translations would have it.

Indeed voter fraud is rampant all ready. The GOP are in full hypocrite mode. Faux ballot boxes in California, a deliberately crippled USPS, fiber optic cables getting cut at the 11th hour, etc., etc…

Moscow Mitch laughing at his debate. That’s the shining example of it all.

3 Likes

Except that it seems in general that Democrats are voting early absentee and Republicans are planning on voting in person on election day. So an attack would be counter-productive for Trump supporters. So I think whatever happens, it will be something that prevents the absentee ballots from being counted while the in-person votes will be counted.

1 Like

she sang:
I didn’t know the gun was loaded
And I’ll never do it again!"

Then, she did do it.

gotta love how americans simply have to wait until the very last minute to do anything.

The easy answer is to have each county election board office as stand alone input the registration and
vote counts, then transmit to state. Redundant systems. By internet and phone backup or fax or memory disk driven over to the state capitol.

2 Likes

“It is astonishing that Virginia has not learned from failures of the not-so-distant past.”
—Kristen Clarke, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law

Oh, they learned all right. The poohbahs of the Old Dominion State learned that they could commit sabotage and possibly the crime of sedition and face no consequences. They OWE their state and their country a full 24 hours for citizens of their state complete their registration, with 24 hours advance notice on every half hour on every media outlet in the state.

3 Likes

Between Texass limiting drop-of boxes, to phony Republican boxes here in California, & now cutting cables in Virginia. Why don’t the
Repulsivecans just set fire to the Reichstag and call it a day?

4 Likes

I’ll bet Trump’s life that the “accidentally cut cable” was on purpose.

4 Likes

Hi Rimbaudfist:

I had to ook up the motto of Virginia. Hmmmm
“SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS” = “This aways to tyrants.”

Although I’m not quite sure what that means as it appears that the tyrants of dirty tricks have fouIed up voting again. Weird, that this happened again. I wonder what 'THIS" means ?

1 Like

I wonder if “waiting til the last minute” isn’t due to selfishness. People are too selfish to give up what they think is a good for them.
Until it falls apart.

3 Likes

Just as good would be if the FBI, CIA, Dept of Justice, postal inspectors, and private detectives all investigated the voluminous ways the republicans are trying to steal the election.
Including the clandestine operations we don’t even know exist.

2 Likes

I was partly wrong.
Monday was a national federal holiday.
Maybe very many county election offices were closed.

So far, the good news is that young people are going to vote.
I do hope they become interested in their local officials, school board members.
This is the very best effort to improve our society within half a generation.

2 Likes

one party needs citizens to vote
one party needs to prevent citizens from voting
draw your own conclusions

1 Like

Hi stardustBID,

I’ve always seen it as thus ever to tyrants. Means the same thing, but to be sure I looked it up too. Apparently the favored version for this season is “This always to tyrants”–again the same thing. Both ebay and Amazon claim to have it for sale.

The Latin word sic is a sort of all-purpose word meaning something to the effect of “I mean exactly what I’m saying.” That’s why we see it in parentheses after a word that a reader might think was a mistake of some sort.

Wikipedia says the phrase may have been used originally in about 500 BC, when the son of the last Roman king raped a noblewoman. In return the noblemen got together and tossed the king and his family out. This was probably a death sentence, since then as now kings and wannabes didn’t have any idea how to do anything for themselves. Hence, “Take THAT, you tyrant, and take your whole fam damily with you!”

Notice that the motto of the U.S. Marine Corps is Semper fideles, with fideles meaning the faithful ones just as in the Christmas carol. Tyrannis speaks for itself.

Hi economic:
Thank you for the Latin lesson. : )

My pleasure–believe it or not, one of the most enlightening and useful courses I’ve ever taken, two years in high school 60 years ago.

1 Like

Hi economagic:
LOL I had to start looking more of these words up. So far I have :
Fors fortas—fat chance
In vino veritas = in wine there is truth.
ipsa scientia protestas est------Knowledge itself is power.
This fun : )
Do you know how to say "this is fun? : )

1 Like