Home | About | Donate

Vowing to Fight for Working Moms, Sen. Duckworth Says Even She 'Technically Can't Take Maternity Leave'

Vowing to Fight for Working Moms, Sen. Duckworth Says Even She 'Technically Can't Take Maternity Leave'

Julia Conley, staff writer

Now that Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) is set to become the first U.S. senator to give birth while in office, she is calling attention to the lack of support that exists for parents on Capitol Hill—mirrored by the absence of paid family leave laws for working Americans.

What an awkward reasoning. “We need family leave not because it’s the warm and fuzzy and nice thing to do, but because it’s better for our economy.”

So, it is because of the economy, not because it is a basic humane approach to building a healthy stable society - which the rest of the world has had in place for at least half a century.

1 Like

If you don’t mention money, rethuglicans can’t even hear you.

You may be okay with running your life based on a religion but that is NOT the way we run the United States. If you expect us to respect your religious views, please respect the fact that other people have different opinions.

2 Likes

Suffice it to say, she has been a disappointment. I voted for her because the alternative was worse. She usually votes with the likes of Kaine, Udall, Coons, Casey, and others of that ilk. And she along with her buddy Dick Durbin supports multibillionaire J. B. Pritzker for Governor, who is carrying on a who can spend the most campaign against another near billionaire, Governor Bruce Rauner. Illinois, my state, a Democratic wasteland.

Natural Law, isn’t that where men are allowed to beat their wives?
So glad my parents were wise enough to raise me with a Progressive slant.
Just a thought, you might want to consider coming into the 21st century.

2 Likes

I accidently hit the like button on you’re post.