Home | About | Donate

Wall Street’s Fraud of the Week Club

Wall Street’s Fraud of the Week Club

Richard Eskow

In April 2006, while Goldman was preparing an RMBS backed by Countrywide loans for securitization, a Goldman mortgage department manager circulated a “very bullish” equity research report that recommended the purchase of Countrywide stock. Goldman’s head of due diligence, who had just overseen the due diligence on six Countrywide pools, responded “If they only knew …”
– Annex 1, “Statement of Facts,” Goldman Sachs/U.S. Department of Justice, April 11 2016

Why would anyone or any entity do business with such rascals ?

It pays well...Greed is Good.

I saw a piece a week or 2 ago, G/S is doing the same things in Ireland.

There isn't poverty, there is only stealing-robbery.

They are so creative with this no thing called money, and the rewards are simply this:
Unbridled Opulence.

With some of the new technology coming for the web, this form of extortion might be available to everyone.
Anyone get excited about that piece of news?

If you did, well, your Humanity is Dead as well.
Long live the Roaches, Maggots and other such.

More than 1,000 bankers served jail time for their roles in the 1980s savings and loan fraud that negatively impacted .001% of the number of people that the 2008 meltdown impacted. 20 years of decriminalizing fraud (euphemistically called "deregulation", mostly during the Clinton Administration resulted in one token jail sentence and no other indictments because by 2008 fraud was no longer a crime.

How can I consider anybody who votes for any Clinton to be a moral person ?

Like Bush Sr. was overheard saying ' If the American people knew what we do they would take us out and hang us.' Crooks, all crooks. These are Hillary's butt buddies, but of course she's not crooked. lol

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), Letter to the Secretary of the Treasury Albert Gallatin (1802)

Not all of this guy's ideas were bad.

I am remIndeed of a small business owner on the USA who flew to Florida or some such state to buy flowers for his business.

He took 10000 in cash because he liked to pay in Cash.

The money was seized under "proceeds of crime" rules as that amount of cash deemed suspicious. All of his assets were frozen. At his own expense with no assets he had to go through the courts at his own expense to get it back.

Uh, who's that blonde lady on the right side of the photo? Also, someone should fax Krugman a copy of this.