Home | About | Donate

Want to Defund the Police? Then Vote for Loeffler and Perdue in Georgia Senate Run-Off Race

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/12/11/want-defund-police-then-vote-loeffler-and-perdue-georgia-senate-run-race

1 Like

Say it DEFUND THE POLICE---------DON’T SUPPORT A POLICE STATE—NO REAL AMERICAN WOULD----BUT THEN VOTING WAS ONCE HELD SACRED.

2 Likes

Miles Mogulescu is an entertainment attorney

Who has no idea what he is talking about. Both of these candidates are extreme centrists and oppose all progressive measures. These two will work to increase police militarization and enable more paramilitary police occupation of the US, just as their Rethuglican counterparts will. Copaganda pieces like this should be an embarrassment on a site such as CD.

3 Likes

We the People do not need Police.

We need “Public Servants” willing to serve and protect the People.

If this nation wasn’t being run by “Weapons Profiteers,” there wouldn’t be a need for our “Public Servants” to even carry a weapon.

5 Likes

I imagine one person uttered “defund” the police and it took off.
Nobody thinks the police should go away, or that their funding should be cut.
We just want reorganization, retraining, and less lethality.

We could have just one cop and one cop car, and still have people getting abused.

1 Like

“Nobody thinks the police should go away, or that their funding should be cut.”

Oh, I dam sure do, cut to the bone. We’ve been hearing how they’re going to reorganize, retrain, and root out the “bad apples” for years now, it’s not going to happen. There’s nothing left but “bad apples” in their ranks.

I can also say with experience, when the city cuts come down, they will severely cut and/or eliminate every department in the city, before they take one dime from the police budget.

6 Likes

Defund the military!

6 Likes

With a win in Georgia, the corporate DNC will do NOTHING with that power.
I hope I am wrong…

Well. I guess we are living in times where anything you write goes. As long as it has a bit of a catchy title. Not worth taking this article seriously, which is based on a flawed definition of the meaning of “defund the police.” CD - if you don’t have enough articles to publish, then publish less. As this article is not only free of solid arguments, but it is also dangerous in the implicit pro-police propaganda that is spreading.

1 Like

This author is like Biden.

Whenever Biden is pushed on specifics about socially beneficial programs, he starts

acting indignant and spouts crap about his record or tells people they should have voted

for Trump.

The democrats and the republicans don’t give a rat’s ass about anyone who isn’t extremely

greedy, militaristic, and rich.

2 Likes

Poo poo perdoo poop poop perdoop pyew pyew perdew phoo phoo perdoo
phool phool perdool

Like one of the yard signs that says, " FORGET THE POLICE; BEWARE OF THE OWNER" and has a picture of a 357.

1 Like

Defund the congress. they’re all crooks in this screwed-up system of only the rich survive. Everyone else fends for themselves.

1 Like

This guy’s advice to vote for Loeffler and Perdue is the dumbest thing I have heard in a while, except maybe progressives coming up with the slogan DEFUND THE POLICE. It is hard for me to imagine an easier slogan to be co-opted and misused to mislead the easily misled and reactive non-reading US voters. Yes, let’s use a slogan that can be used to stampede the easily frightened American public to vote against us again. I swear, the left will never overcome their lack of political acumen.

Via AJC

A scary place to be: Atlanta murder rate equals Chicago’s

The killings bring the city of Atlanta into a dark place: It now has virtually the same murder rate as Chicago.

Let me repeat, Atlanta has virtually the same murder rate as Chicago. You know, the city where they seemingly pile up bodies like cordwood, allowing other municipalities to say, “Well, at least we’re not Chicago.”
Chicago has 23.4 murders per 100,000 people and Atlanta has 22.9. Round them off and you don’t have to squint to see the resemblance."

Well done BLM…