Home | About | Donate

Warning of 'Catastrophic Event,' Air Traffic Controllers Union Official Says Flying 'Absolutely' Less Safe Due to Trump Shutdown

Warning of 'Catastrophic Event,' Air Traffic Controllers Union Official Says Flying 'Absolutely' Less Safe Due to Trump Shutdown

Jake Johnson, staff writer

With the record-long government shutdown over President Donald Trump's demand for border wall funding now in its fourth week, an official representing the National Air Traffic Controllers Association appeared on CNN on Wednesday to issue an alarming warning: Flying is "absolutely" less safe now than it was before the shutdown began.

3 Likes

If Pwesident Twump’s temper tantrum keeps people from flying, it’s not all bad.

4 Likes

The flight to watch for is Air Force One. When there is a planned trip to Canada or the west coast Trump and his ride could keep going to Russia for asylum.

3 Likes

If Pwesident Twump’s temper tantrum kills people while flying, it’s all bad.

10 Likes

Trump has zero consideration for anyone but himself nor capability to have any.

If 200 people die due to an airplane accident caused by his shutdown, his malignant narcissism allows him to be chin-out proud of his border wall stance at all costs, and to place the blame on anyone but himself.

The man will risk anyone’s life for his own ego satisfaction.

12 Likes

The Taiga of Siberia would be a good place for him to go. It’s a very hostile environment this time of year…

4 Likes

It takes a special act of Congress to restore back pay for government employees who have been working without pay. So far whenever the government has shut down Congress has passed the special Act and the president has signed it. But, there is no guarantee this will occur.

5 Likes

Trump about to sign bill.

The mental illness, arrogant ignorance, malignant narcissism, childish vindictive nature, and inability to consider any other or society in general characterizes and describes the driving force behind the Ginger Pig and his regime of destruction…zero empathy, education, experience outside “businessman” exploitation, zero understanding of the natural world, or any concern for the Common Good describes the truly evil regime and reign of the trumpenfuhrer!

10 Likes

Commercial air travel is already killing people, albeit in ways less sudden and spectacular than a plane crash.

3 Likes

Hardly an equivalence.

2 Likes

Dead=dead.

2 Likes

Strike.

6 Likes

It’s this capitalist system which has to be shut down –

It’s an insanity which has already destroyed Nature and Earth’s systems.

11 Likes

More proof that Trump is a murderer.

3 Likes

The WH pigsty is past due a thorough clean up done with revolutionary new methods…

4 Likes

Yes, the chancre on the diseased nation…

1 Like

The last few times I flew, my legs were so cramped that I had to tell the person in front of me not to lean back or my knees would be crushed. I looked in the mirror and determined I was not a sardine. They lost my business. Now I drive or take a train or bus if I need to travel. No facebook. No Amazon. No flying. No Walmart. And I’m still alive and kicking and very happy. I know people who claim to be progressive but use all these corporate conveniences. The only way things are going to change is when enough people boycott the bad players. Every purchase is a vote for that product and the quality of the labor that made that product. In other words, I try to minimize my hypocrisy.

9 Likes

Air traffic controllers, teachers, truck drivers as well as factory workers are also likely to be among the first to lose their jobs to automation:

3 Likes

Every time I think of the traffic controllers union, I remember they were one of the first unions to support the election of Ronald ReaGUN. Let them eat cake.