Home | About | Donate

Warnings DOJ Has Become 'Vehicle for President Trump's Political Revenge' as Barr Opens Criminal Probe of Mueller Investigation

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/10/25/warnings-doj-has-become-vehicle-president-trumps-political-revenge-barr-opens

The time has come for the Democratic Party to tell the wimps Ted Lew and Adam Schiff to shit of get off the pot.
In the dark days of Nixon the congress was smart enough to go after Nixon’s chief defender first, the beast John Mitchell. Once he was made impotent it was a straight line to Nixon’s crimes from there.
As long as the democratic leadership continues to let Barr run roughshod over the constitution, this whole impeachment farce is going nowhere.

11 Likes

Have you seen the little piggies playing in the dirt…

Barr is the head piggy…following orders from his master

2 Likes

Let’s party like it’s 1973!

4 Likes

Common Dreamers have drank the partisan MSDNC Kool Aid on this. As Arron Mate (as well as Matt Taibbi, Glen Greenwald, Ben Norton, Max Blumenthal and Jimmy Dore) has pointed out numerous times on Russiagate for the last 2 1/2 years there was no there there for the Meuller “investigation.” There is actually a there there for a Barr investigation.

9 Likes

The Aryan Brotherhood (a bunch of chubby white guys) broke their own rules and stormed into a closed hearing because “justice” is whatever THEY want. Anyone else would be arrested.

5 Likes

Greetings WiseOwl from White River Junction Vermont.

The colors are astounding. The Colors!

2 Likes

Why don’t we wait and see what evidence Barr and Durham have dug up?

If it turns out to be a nothingburger, then Barr and Trump look (even more) stupid.
If it turns out to hold some water, let the chips fall where they may.

8 Likes

Or maybe 1999:

1 Like

Havent seen that one. Thankyou.

Why is this criminal not in jail?

6 Likes

Let me see if I understand this right. Barr is opening a criminal investigation (doesn’t that sound more ominous than impeachment proceeding?) just to find out if there was anything criminal about the Mueller investigation? No witnesses, no whistleblowers. They are just fishing for dirt? What a bunch of pissy miffed off children!

6 Likes

Is that a serious question Giovanna? Why aren’t they all in jail? Disturbing to say the least.

4 Likes

Me too. I had to think about it for a while. WTF?

1 Like

Have you read the Mueller report?
Have you heard Donald Trump, Don Jr., and others openly bragging that they receives tens of millions of dollars from Russian oligarchs?
Did you see the numerous, specific examples of Trump’s attempts at obstruction of justice in the Mueller report?
Trump has been laundering Russian mob money for years.
The only problem with the Mueller report is that Mueller didn’t have the zeal he needed to have.
And of course, Barr is dirty, and Trump should be removed from office right now.
There’s no need for further investigations–he and his people have confessed on video to committing crimes.

5 Likes

Great! Thanks for the Howdy & the tune! Glad you are enjoying the show.

Yours is a silly comment, BigB. I can’t imagine how you’ve gotten so many up votes. As much as we’d like to see Trump and Barr gone, this takes time. We need to see a case slowly and steadily built against Trump. At this time, I don’t know what you think is so damning that Barr would have to go.

1 Like

Remember when Barr was going through confirmation how many of the pundits commented that Barr was such a professional. Maybe a professional political hack.

In reality he has always been a political wanker going back at least to the time when he was instrumental in covering up the Reagan-HW Bush Iran-Contra Affair.

4 Likes

Tom, it’s interesting to see that you are at least somewhat of a Barr lover or at least a Barr apologist. Personally, I see Barr as 100% disgusting and a real threat to career justice employees. I don’t know why people like Taibbi and Greenwald have been so vociferous against Russian meddling. There is no doubt that there was Russian meddling, it’s just the amount that is in dispute. Personally, I think a great deal of Russian money went into secret dark money contributions that Citizens United now allows. That will get immensely worse in the coming election. Poo-pooing the Russia money business is a huge mistake.

2 Likes

Agree. Trump is deep in Russian money, and help. Barr keeps blocking any investigation into Trump. Trump has placed around him so many people that will block for him that he is literally above the law.

2 Likes