Home | About | Donate

Warnings of 'GOP Tax Scam 2.0' as Trump Reportedly Pushing for More Tax Cuts Ahead of Presidential Election

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/01/warnings-gop-tax-scam-20-trump-reportedly-pushing-more-tax-cuts-ahead-presidential

My god, Larry kudlow looks terrible! I know he’s had his problems with addiction in the past but man, he looks like he got out of his casket to sit for that Trump photo op.
Oh well, Larry deserves whatever shit trump throws his way.
And another tax cut is just another dog whistle/blow horn to his base. He knows he can’t get one through Congress ant this point. Just another empty promise to his slack jawed constituency, nothing more.

2 Likes

They don’t care if they crash the economy. If it crashes, the people will vote in Republicans in 2022.

The end game here is twofold. One, let billionaires keep more of their billions. Two, bankrupt the social safety net, including medicare, medicaid, and social security.

Give the dupes in the middle class a $400 tax break so you can take away $10,000 in benefits.

At some point, it’s the public’s fault for being such an easy mark.

2 Likes

My taxes went up because of Trump’s first “tax cut.”
He played a little trick, so that withholding went down and paychecks were slightly larger, leading rubes to believe they had a tax cut.
But when tax time came, they found out that all that had been achieved was to decrease the amount of money they got back from overpayment via withholding.
The only people happy about Trump’s “tax cut” were rich people and corporations.
My accountant lost tons of business because Trump’s law took away individual’s ability to list tax prep fees as a deductible expense.
Trump is a scammer and criminal.

2 Likes

The amazing thing is that the trumptards don’t complain about this .
I thought for sure that once Mr. T cuts into his minions bottom line , they would jump ship.
Just goes to prove that denial really is the most powerful function of the human mind.

2 Likes

t___p, singing about the deficit…

1 Like

Hang on a second. In a perfect tax year, you don’t owe the government additional taxes and they don’t owe you a refund. A refund means you let the government have your money on a zero interest loan for up to a year! Getting less of a refund meant that the amount of taxes you owed went down, as did the amount the government confiscated from each paycheck. Your taxes didn’t go up! They went down!

1 Like

This is not correct, at least not necessarily. The only way to know how taxes changed is to calculate the tax obligation for two consecutive years using the same income and other amounts. The two calculations can then be compared to see what specific items changed. You cannot infer changes in tax rates and in the deductibility of specific expenses from changes in withholding and refunds alone; you need more information.

2 Likes

“The end game here is twofold. One, let billionaires keep more of their billions. Two, bankrupt the social safety net, including medicare, medicaid, and social security.”

Yup - and, by running up huge deficit, lay ground for safety net budget cuts that will result in poorer and more insecure public services, undermining public confidence in ‘big government.’ Bleh.

1 Like

“In a perfect tax year, you don’t owe the government additional taxes and they don’t owe you a refund.”

And if my taxes go up each year - because the rich pay less, so govt. needs more of my money to run - but, each year, I don’t owe the govt. even more? wow…how “perfect.”

1 Like

photo caption:
National Economic Council Director Kudlow smile enigma: fawning, shit-eating grin, or unable to contain his joy at prospect of more tax cuts for the rich?

1 Like

I have to say, though, it was awful sporting of Larry to pick Chump’s tie up off the floor and drape it over his lap like that. Ever the proper valet.

1 Like

Gotta get this royal asshole behind bars ASAP.

Come on Democrats.

Therein lies one of the biggest problems: SELECTIVE STOOPIDITY!
I say that because the information and FACTS are out there but good ol’ u.s.a.'nz are too busy with reality t.v. and CONSUMING to take the time to wake up by researching for TRUTH!

Unfortunately, that wasn’t true for me.
My taxes went up slightly, despite my accountant’s best efforts, in part because Trump took away my ability to deduct tax prep fees, and also due to changes in deductions for state taxes, property taxes, mortgage interest, etc.
Trump ripped me off, but no surprise, because that’s all he has ever done to people.