Home | About | Donate

Was the Women’s Boat to Gaza an Existential Threat?

Was the Women’s Boat to Gaza an Existential Threat?

Ramzy Baroud

The Israeli official narrative regarding its conflict with the Palestinians is deliberately confounded because a muddled up discourse is a convenient one. It allows the narrator to pick and choose half-truths at will, in order to create a falsified version of reality.

For instance, this is part of what Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said at the United Nations on September 22:

I can tell you what ISN'T an existential threat: the 50 Jews hiding in a guarded compound in Yemen, asking to be rescued by Israel, the remaining persecuted black Jews of Ethiopia who are again being airlifted to Israel, the Jews of France and England emigrating to Israel because of persecution and death threats, etc.

And if you're going to speak of half-truths and falsified versions, you need to address what Hamas is actually doing to the people of Gaza (not to mention the hundreds if not thousands of rockets it continually shoots into civilian areas of Israel).

"The Israeli official narrative regarding its conflict with the
Palestinians is deliberately confounded because a muddled up discourse
is a convenient one. It allows the narrator to pick and choose
half-truths at will, in order to create a falsified version of reality."

Now, if that introductory statement doesn't grab your attention...

And, the rest of the article is equally apropos.

Ramzy Baroud writes a succinct and compelling argument that underscores the nature of rhetoric, hegemony and psyops endemic in discourse concerning the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. It is an extremely focused presentation that aptly furnishes clear examples to substantiate its claims position.

Of course, like an attorney, philosopher or speechwriter, I do suppose that a writer could compose an article to the contrary.

I notice you neglected to comment on the truthful and factual aspects of the article and of course, whether any supposed counter argument would actually contain either.

Shhh... :wink: