Home | About | Donate

Watch: Detention Center Staff Call Police as Senator Attempts to Examine Conditions of Facility

Watch: Detention Center Staff Call Police as Senator Attempts to Examine Conditions of Facility

Jake Johnson, staff writer

America's inhumane immigration system has come under growing scrutiny in recent days with President Donald Trump's new policy of separating migrant children from their families, and when a sitting U.S.

Nazis are protecting this administration’s policies.

I mean really, what the fuck can you say??

Let’s not be too hard on Trump and examine his own family situation:

Melania: house arrest?
Don Jr.: fugitive status
Eric: who the fuck cares
Jarvanka: MIA
Tiffany: safely out of reach
Baron: presumably w/Melania

Family Values, Folks, just like they promised

Warehousing children in a former Walmart. Together everybody, USA, USA!

Peace
Po

A huge BRAVO to Sen. Merkely,for his moral compass, activism, and courageous leadership…notably absent from the complicit and craven DINO DP failures, currently domination/controlling the DP

The R’Con camp is far more than complicit, they are active in allowing, supporting and empowering the madness of trump & co - the figurehead in the looting, regulatory destruction, and intentional division of American society for the corrupt and criminal .political and for-profit agenda gripping our republic by the throat! Profits above all else regardless the costs to society and the millions thrown on the rubbish heap.

Led by a pathological madman, backed/supported and encouraged/manipulated by the “usual suspects” - the banker,Wall Street, corporate, profiteer parasite thieves, war-machine MICC, we, the people, who invest government with ALL their power, are behind the culmination of the treason enlarged in earnest after WWII, that metastasized after the assassinations of JFK, RFK, MLK, Malcolm, and others., leading to our version of the Reichstag Fire treason and its fascist consequences of repression and domination by the few over the many…without the now near extinct Fourth Estate, the people are ignorant of truths critical to the exercise of political oversight; easily manipulated and kept in thrall to a fraud of vast proportions…

"Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness of the people; and not for profit, honor, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, the people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." - John Adams

https://whorulesamerica.ucsc.edu/power/class_domination.html

The irony is heavy in this video. An Hispanic workforce at a facility detaining Hispanic children who have been forcibly taken from their own parents!

I’ve read that the hangman was a well-paying job in the Middle Ages. I guess the circle from landless serf to landless serf is nearly complete here in America.

MAGA (snort)

The only thing that kept the Senator from getting a good old-fashioned Fascist beat-down from the pigs was the fact that he is a sitting United States Senator. Who knows how much longer something like that will be a deterrent to the authorities who work for the executive branch?

It will be interesting to see what follows. Who else will step up to the plate swinging? This is the kind of activism we need. Sunlight!

Another reason for the citizens to storm the Bastille !

Thank you Jeff Merkley, so proud to be one of your constituents. The public deserves to know where are money is going and so much more.

ICE…Thugs and Gangsters operating outside the Law accountable only to themselves.

Of course the Guns and Drugs get special delivery.

Could Bernie Sanders be far behind? Senators in the Democratic Party should be doing more on this issue. The Republican Party is a lost cause.

This policy of ripping children and infants from their families is against everything that our Nation is supposed to stand for. Would you believe it, some of the Trump supporters blame this horrible situation on the children’s parents. If people can excuse this ugly reality to the extent of blaming the victims, I can see how some justified the actions of Nazi Germany. Please vote in November. We need to remove from office anyone who orchestrates, condones, or approves of crimes against children.

Amen to that brother! Regardless of party. So that’s ALL the Repubs and at least half of the Dems.

Now here’s a US senator with courage and compassion. And, what have any US Senators done after all of the reported abuses?

Nada, zip, zilch, zero…

This started in the Obama administration and worsened under Trump.

Another reason why I wouldn’t vote for any of them.

This really is a constitutional crisis. Congress has an obligation to oversee the government and the administration. Since these private companies and executive administrative agencies do not appear to recognize and respect the constitution - we have a serious crisis. Once they see themselves above or outside of the law, we as a people are in real trouble. The detained immigrants are like canaries in the coal mine. I don’t want to see people treated like this and if we - the citizens of this country - allow this to go on unchecked - we face the same.

It is so difficult to talk with those who believe that the parents are to blame. These people are ignorant of the facts and have no interest in learning about the world at large. If only they were curious enough to learn about about the lives of others some enlightenment might occur. Ignorance can be changed but only if some one has an open heart and mind.
Well I wrote to JeffieMcFlake our soon to be no more senator. But we really need to get out in the streets en mass

This is child abuse by our government!

First off my hands go up to Senator Jeff Merkley for being proactive in his pursuit for answers in this new policy. Thank you.
It is disgusting that they have separated children from their parents, I can’t even come up with the words to describe how sick this makes me feel. (my heart goes out to the families)
Now I’m going to take the opportunity to respond to JohnJCoghlan, and JeffMerkley. Senator Merkley has stated that the United States has not done this before TO IMMIGRANTS. The last two words is what makes the statement true, but the United States has taken children from families before…Indigenous children were ripped from their families and stuck in detention centers, stripped of all they knew. Which is what gave Adolf Hitler the ideas for the concentration camps. He actually toured the United States and followed their model for extermination. So when JohnJCoghlan says “This policy of ripping children and infants from their families is against everything that our Nation is SUPPOSED to stand for” I hope that the citizens of this country feel the same way and that we can over ride bad policy. Senator Merkley is absolutely correct that this is causing trauma that will last generations.
Thank you.