Home | About | Donate

Watch: Devastating New 'Land of the Free' Music Video Decries Violence and Cruelty of Trump's America

Watch: Devastating New 'Land of the Free' Music Video Decries Violence and Cruelty of Trump's America

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

In a powerful indictment of cruelty across the United States, The Killers' new "Land of the Free"—released Monday with a devastating music video directed by Spike Lee—decries President Donald Trump's proposed border wall, the dehumanization and abuse of asylum-seekers, mass incarceration, institutional racism, and the nation's refusal to address the epidemic of mass shootings and gun violence.

2 Likes

“the dehumanization and abuse of asylum-seekers, mass incarceration, institutional racism, and the nation’s refusal to address the epidemic of mass shootings and gun violence”.

Somewhat akin to the treatment of black slaves albeit the slaves were not “asylum” seekers.

5 Likes

I say no borders between :us:, :mexico: and :canada:. If that’s too revolutionary then issue work visas as we used to. Migrant workers almost always went back to Mexico until the US neocons fucked up their social democratic system and imposed austerity and NAFTA on them. Mexican authorities also share the blame equally when they stole billions from their people and ran to Florida to hide

4 Likes

Tears…I standing, crying.

Play it loud, play it often.

On to my front page.

2 Likes

Powerful, they’re best song to date. Send this to all government employees working the boarder right now, and all members of congress.

0 Likes

Ok. How? Besides, the only Congress people who would watch it are the ones already in our camp like Merkley and Hirono and whoever else went to the border and detention centers. Otherwise, it’s just the assistants who’d see it.

0 Likes

Toni, that part of my post was kind of a snark, but there must be someway to get this message to them, how do others entice people to read their twitter feeds? If enough people see it, it goes mainstream? Not my area of knowledge, but surely someone in the tech industry can figure out how to get this important message out to the masses.

0 Likes

Oh! Sorry…bad-news glut has fogged ye olde brayne…perceptions slow…

0 Likes

Not enough security for you to give a state of the union Mr. president. Besides, it’s our opinion that you better double up on security if you aren’t paying the security you DO have.
By the way dude, don’t worry about the money for your wall. The Mexicans are going to pay for it. You promised us that. Right? If they don’t you can enlist some Mexican oligarchs. Right?

0 Likes