Home | About | Donate

Watch DNC Night Two: Roll Call, Bill Clinton, Mothers of the Movement

Watch DNC Night Two: Roll Call, Bill Clinton, Mothers of the Movement

Common Dreams staff

Hillary Clinton is expected to secure her party's presidential nomination at the Democratic National Convention (DNC) on Tuesday night, during a roll call vote that the Associated Press predicts will be an "emotional coda for Bernie Sanders supporters whose passion and energy took the Vermont senator from fringe candidate to serious contender."

AP reports:

Tough day for the Judas Goat, nearly trampled by herds of unruly, panicking sheep the Clintonites are chasing all around the convention center and frantically trying to stuff into the neoliberal blast-furnace without the poor things being seen screaming their last on national television.

I'm sure we'll get a megadose of mawkish smarminess from this festering party of bloated corporate lawyers and war criminals, headlined by the quintessential fat neoliberal worm himself: Bill.

I'll tell you, it's too bad Hunter S. Thompson didn't stick around to see this year's election circus. He would have had a field day.

Julian Asange has indicated that the next batch of emails to be leaked will be even more damaging to Ms Clinton.

The corruption is not superficial. It goes to the bone and the DNC has to be aware of this yet persists with the sham.

I wonder if Assange has the email where Bernie asks in which round he should take a dive.

Thanks for pointing this out! I'm looking forward to it . . . .

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/7/25/exclusive_wikileaks_julian_assange_on_releasing

And if so (sarcasm alert) we can't forget to blame the Russians and deflect! ---------

Jennifer Palmieri, communications director for Hillary for America, said it’s possible that more emails will be released at a time designed to inflict maximum political pain on Democrats.

“The WikiLeaks leak was obviously designed to hurt our convention,” she told reporters. “I don’t think they’re done. That’s how they operate.

“We can’t know, but it’s part of the reason that we wanted people to understand our belief that the Russians are behind this,” she said. “People need to understand — when these leaks happen — what they’re designed to do.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/289248-clinton-aide-on-email-leaks-i-dont-think-theyre-done

If you are on the fence about Clinton or Green or Libertarian party, please watch today's show on DN, hear Stein and Hedges, great debates/interviews. Warning: watch Ben Jeleous blame Iraq war 1 on the green party. Seriously.

The roll-call is going on right now. It is being broadcast by C-Span. The word from the floor is the time and place was changed several times and the Bernie delegates were getting different times and places for the event. They are stealing it again--right now. Rumor had it that the Clintonists knew they didn't have enough votes to clinch the nomination so they actively are trying to keep the Bernie people out until the roll-call is over.

I see that Hillary's vice presidential pick, Bill, is going to speak tonight.

Let me check the Chicken scratch on my calendar…

Nope, have to take care of my dirty laundry, and no chance any such laundry will be cleaned at the Convention.

Cluck cluck cluck, ruffles feathers.

Sanders, the extent you are going to quell the rightful protest of those at the Convention against the absolute intentional fraud of Clinton and her DNC corporate servicing cabal, is shameful. Yes, shameful.

Thanks for posting that photo. Priceless.

Such a powerful image, especially looking into her eyes.

Sanders is likely busily getting those signs off the floor and confiscating markers, in service to Democracy.

Sorry folks, yes I've given Sanders a lot of credit, but right now I'm in no such mood.

Walkout for heaven's sake, this is getting beyond ridiculous, have some dignity

Caroline.....for your amusement,

Jennifer Palmieri, communications director for Hillary for America, said
it’s possible that more emails will be released at a time designed to
inflict maximum political pain on Democrats.

Hey Jennifer, today I'm very busy with taking care of some dirty laundry (I'm certain you can relate to hiding it at least) so if you don't mind too much, could you notify me when Wikileaks releases the rest of the goods?

This Chicken wants to know, thanks. Just send me a cluck, I'm Psychedelic Chicken on Clucker.

Cluck, and cluck you.

Is there no limit to the Clintonites' shamelessness? They're brining in ringers to cheer for Our Lady of Perpetual Scandal.

And then there's this:

Barnhart thanked the delegates in advance and added, “Your presence would be greatly appreciated and noted.” Emphasis added.

Hmmm, sounds like a threat to me.

I sincerely hope all of the Sanders delegates walk out tonight. They were never welcome in the first place. The DNC and the The New Republican Party believe that their progressive party members are just fools to be placated with words. As Cersei Lannister once said, "Words are wind." The NRP is out to make themselves rich by serving the interests of the mega-rich. That's it. You want an agenda, there it is. There is virtually no difference between the parties today. When it comes to policy decisions, you, the rank and file citizens, don't even show up on the radar screen. Hillary will not give you a public option for healthcare. Forget about a $15 minimum wage. It won't happen. And the TPP will be passed, mark my words. What remains of your freedom will evaporate, and the planet will roast.

Thanks for nothing, Hillbots. You suck donkey balls. Literally.

That statement she makes is so profoundly idiotic I do not even know if there a word for it!

So she is not denying what the mails reveal happened in fact happened , she claiming that because the Russians are the ones who reveal the corruption the corruption somehow does not count?

It a slap your forehead and go DOH moment!

Ms Palmieri has to recognize that it immaterial who the source of the truth about the democratic parties corruption is, that party is corrupt.. What Ms Palmieri has to recognize is that Politics is cleaner in Russia than it is the USA and I would take a statement by the Government of Russia as closer to the truth over one by the Government of the USA.

What Ms Palmieri has to recognize is that she as much ADMITS this in her profoundly idiotic statement.

In a recent interview with ITV, Assange said the whistleblowing website will soon be leaking documents that will provide “enough evidence” for the Department of Justice to indict the presumptive Democratic nominee. WikiLeaks has already published 30,322 emails from Clinton’s private email server, spanning from June 30, 2010 to August 12, 2014. While Assange didn’t specify what exactly was in the emails, he did tell ITV that WikiLeaks had “accumulated a lot of material about Hillary Clinton, which could proceed to an indictment.”

BREAKING: Bernie #DemExit, to quit Dem Party and be an Independent. Most delegates will follow.
http://thingsthatsuck.info/one-day-after-calling-for-democratic-unity-sanders-has-left-the-party/

Doing it in secret, so only you know about it.

Short of showing video footage where Hillary actually kills puppies with her bare hands, I don't see very many Dems (the ones I know, anyway) refusing to support her. They're more upset about the "Russian hacker" and "Putin trying to get Trump elected" than about what's being revealed.

Julian, Vlad, The Ghost of Christmas Past, anybody, please release more emails, please! This is sooooo much fun.

Po