Home | About | Donate

Watch Dying Activist Ady Barkan's "Heartfelt" Conversation With Bernie Sanders on Fight for Medicare for All

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/03/watch-dying-activist-ady-barkans-heartfelt-conversation-bernie-sanders-fight

1 Like

People who work to limit healthcare to people should have theirs taken away.
It seems to be the only way for them to understand the plight of us that can’t get it, or can’t afford it.

3 Likes

The problem with healthcare reform is that to put “Care” into the system requires that the fundamental operating premises of the system must be reformed to actually include care for you and me. No one is talking about reforming how retail health care is delivered. Until we deliver the MD from business and the incessant need to turn a profit there will never be room for healthcare as the wheel turns round and round and the prescriptions fly off. Sometimes the best prescription is a placebo effect and we all know there “ain’t no” profits in placebos.

1 Like

I’ve been saying this since 2000

The Republican brain cannot relate to an issue until it jumps up and bites them in their own personal ass. It’s that simple.

1 Like

All I heard from Booker’s mouth is fear. Incrementalism is not going to cut it and Andy said best as no one, no mass movement, no mass agitation will take shape for an optional public option. We need courage demonstrated not cowardice.

3 Likes

Phred, please don’t give the corporate Ds a pass on this.

1 Like

I second what carlmarks said

Ady Barken is an amazing human being. So glad that he is able to do these interviews!!

Booker’s answers (“don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good”) came across as pandering – and yes, that’s based on a fear of saying something that will be controversial or rock the corporate boat.

As such, he epitomizes the d-party: In trying to be everything to everyone, they nip at the edges of problems instead of actually solving them.

I don’t.

2 Likes

I didn’t think so, but it wasn’t noted in your post.

Insurance lobby owns most of Congress