Home | About | Donate

Watch GOP Ranking Member of House Judiciary Make Case for Democrats to Start Trump Impeachment Hearings

Watch GOP Ranking Member of House Judiciary Make Case for Democrats to Start Trump Impeachment Hearings

Eoin Higgins, staff writer

A top House GOP leader Thursday told Democrats Thursday that they should impeach the president.

In an interview with MSNBC reporter Kasie Hunt, Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.), the ranking member on the House Judiciary Committee, said that if Democrats want the opportunity to ask administration officials like Attorney General William Barr tough questions, they should bring articles of impeachment against the president.

But Collins doesn't think the majority party has the courage to do that.

1 Like

I’m not convinced that the Dem ‘leadership’ WANTS that information. If they have it - they will be obligated to do something about it. I don’t think they want that.

10 Likes

A Congressman from Georgia–why do I get the feeling this is a trap?

5 Likes

Oh, I don’t know—experience? Law of averages? Abundant historical examples? But taken at face value, it kind of puts the onus on Brand D to do something substantive, which can’t be all bad.

3 Likes

I reread this thing twice and didn’t find a trap, in this reporting at least. I think maybe he is saying fish or cut bait. Maybe he’s calling them out to do their job when he knows full well nancy won’t let them :frowning:

4 Likes

Doug Collins? Typical “set up” coward. Does he realize that he is shooting a boomerang? Why doesn’t he show the guts to ask his party to impeach the criminals in the DOJ and the White House. Yup, that’s why he is the minority. Now you see me now you don’t, known as the Republican two step. They are happiest when swimming in hog wash.

1 Like

They don’t want it because they are one half of the corrupt ONE-PARTY shitstem. If they were a true opposition party, they would be taking action YESTERDAY!

4 Likes

You do mean BOTH parties, right?

3 Likes

Is there anything in the Constitution that says we have to be ruled by a two-party DUOPOLY?

A pox on both houses—they’ve solded (soul’d) out to the Global Power Elite which keeps them in power.

Folks, it’s not a democracy we live in when the buzzard that controls us has two wings: Dems & GOPs.

!

8 Likes

2 cheeks of the same arse, they are!

4 Likes

Two tapeworms in the same gut. Two tsetse flies on the same gnu. Two bot fly larvae under the same scalp…

1 Like

Trap or no trap who cares…There is a CRIMINAL in office and evidence is ABUNDANT

No hiding behind mommy…

GROW A SET…DO YOUR DAMN JOB

6 Likes

It is a trap!

2 Likes

. . .  Or maybe Collins is one of those extremely rare creatures, a genuinely patriotic 'Poop-Licken, unafraid of being “primary’d” by the Trumpsters . . .

If ONLY they would — but don’t forget that back in 2009 P’Loser & O’Bummer didn’t even try to bring the War Criminals who led us into Iraq or the Wall Streeters who caused the Bush Recession to trial – politically MUCH less risky propositions – so what makes you think the senile old biddy will do anything now?

4 Likes

Recalling that 86ing Nixon was successful only because so many of his henchmen were 86ed before Nixon, the next step is not jumping into impeachment, it is charging Barr with contempt of Congress. Collins is simply leading the Dems down a dead end that will give Trump a second term.

3 Likes

Impeachment? Trump – “Please don’t throw me into the briar patch!”
Just another way for the DNC to help Trump…cuz?..that’s what they do best.

1 Like

It’s a PR trap, similar to the oneTrump lost by taking credit for the government shutdown in January.

Unlike an Old Western showdown, whoever draws in this game is perceived to lose, and assumed to hold high ground in the 2020 campaign. Thus, Rep Collins is goading the Dems to go full bore on impeachment to paint them as vindictive, petty, and politically unimaginative. To avoid losing, Republicans have to keep their hands out of the cookie jars. Tougher than it sounds–because they’ve hidden all their cookie jars.

3 Likes

So if we lie to the government it is a felony, if they lie to us it is just politics.

4 Likes