Home | About | Donate

WATCH LIVE: Michael Cohen Set to Testify Trump a 'Racist Conman' and 'Criminal' Before House Committee

WATCH LIVE: Michael Cohen Set to Testify Trump a 'Racist Conman' and 'Criminal' Before House Committee

Julia Conley, staff writer

President Donald Trump's former attorney, Michael Cohen, is set to testify Wednesday before the House Oversight Committee.

0 Likes

very interesting statement, of course he will be branded as a liar by many, esp, the liar in chief, aka, individual#1. not knowing cohen personally, his statement sounded heartfelt and true enough…but, who knows. he does seem, and sound more truthful than his ex-mob boss the orange deranged one. but then again, he could be totally full of shit.

1 Like

Cohen’s narrative reads as that of one who is taking stock of his life after the defining moments of said life. To me it reads as a sincere appraisal of things as best as he can see them at this point in time. With more time for reflection more will likely emerge, but with physical evidence to back many of his claims this testimony does seem to approach credibility. Trump’s fate does not hang on the balance of any one issue, as there are plenty to go around. I expect that Cohen’s testimony will be received well by objective audiences and repudiated by audiences with much to lose. Cohen is certainly no hero, but seems to be taking what he feels is a step toward what redemption may be available to him.

6 Likes

Mr. Green and other repubs are still protecting trump. Makes me want to puke.

3 Likes

Personally, I have always felt Trump’s downfall will come due to his business dealings with Russia and not charges of “collusion” in the election. (Why wasn’t the election overthrown if Russia tampered in it? Wouldn’t that be an act of war?) Trump’s problems come from emoluments and illegal dealings during his whole business career.

4 Likes

Why don’t you ask the government of Venezuela that question? Or the governments of Iraq or Libya?

1 Like

Why wasn’t the Russian election overthrown when the US helped install Yeltsin?

4 Likes

Birds of a feather flock together Trump Cohen Stone Frauds liars and crooks nuff said.

1 Like

Today GOP judicial committee operatives keep complaining that we are being “forced to listen to a liar who doesn’t know truth from fiction” for ONE DAY, despite the corporations, their media and politicians “forcing us to listen to a liar who doesn’t know truth from fiction” at least since Trump announced his run for POTUS in June 2015, nearly FOUR YEARS !

8 Likes

I agree with you 100%. What we do to other countries’ elections are acts of war. My point is that if the CIA and FBI really have proof that Russia meddled in our elections, why is our government letting it stand? Could it be because it’s all a steaming pile of BS?

2 Likes

Redemption and forgiveness exists and is the most noble characteristics of the human. Cohen’s remorse and search for redemption seems genuine to me. Humans can change through the amazing grace of the human heart. Cohen is now a good guy.

2 Likes

More likely because a significant number of “our” representatives in the House and Senate benefit from “campaign contributions” (aka bribes) from the Multi-NaZional Korporations and their owners who bene­fit from having Tweetle-Dumb and his henchmen in charge.  Witness the billionaire’s Tax Cut and also the shredding of regulations restraining said Korporations over the past two years.

2 Likes

The Republican party is a steaming pile of bullshit.

3 Likes

The republicans on the committee appear to need a course in “anger management.” They appear very mean, very little and very, very angry. I have this feeling their anger should be focused on Trump not Cohen. But that would require them to stop lying to themselves and the american public.

2 Likes

Well, I wouldn’t call him a “good guy” yet but he is making an effort. I think this whole thing shows how a powerful man like Trump can destroy the good or bring out the worst in all those he brings around him. After all, if you aren’t a lier and a cheat - you won’t be on his team.

0 Likes

You might call them “People of the Lie.” Remembering Scott Peck’s book on evil in human behavior.

0 Likes

Agree
The quality of mercy is not strained.
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.
'Tis mightiest in the mightiest; it becomes
The thronèd monarch better than his crown.

This hearing speaks to the incredible level of corruption across Washington DC

1 Like

Wow, what a spectacle! Trump’s hyenas in full display. Even if Mr. Cohen was, or is still, a liar and a crook, the hyenas trying to protect the biggest con artist in American history came out far worse. Disgusting! I hope their constituents find them as abhorrent as I do.

3 Likes

Cohen has turned from protecting Trump, the mafia Don, to telling what he says is… the truth! And being a crooked attorney who protected Trump for over 10 years he may be not telling the truth now as the Republicans claim, but everything he says about Trump is true to me!

1 Like

Talk about the theater of the absurd, the republicans look scared, they know trumps is corrupt and more and more is coming for him, the writing is on the wall, they are going to drown in the swamp they created.

1 Like