Home | About | Donate

WATCH: Medicare for All in the Spotlight at Historic Congressional Hearing

WATCH: Medicare for All in the Spotlight at Historic Congressional Hearing

Jake Johnson, staff writer

After many years of tireless grassroots activism led by nurses, doctors, and ordinary Americans fighting for a just healthcare system, Medicare for All will finally get its first-ever congressional hearing on Tuesday before the House Rules Committee.

We need to ceaselessly tease apart the mendacious corporate narrative and continue digging deeper and deeper into the ‘roots’ of systemic dependency on “growth” as the economic foundation of the argument.

I would assert, for instance, that the “conservative” argument against ‘abortion’ and increasingly a woman’s right to decide issues related to her own body, have little if anything to do with ethics. I say this because - particularly when considering the “growth” required in the economic model, first and foremost, a narrative must be constructed that veils the absolute necessity of constant population growth no less than growth in extended metrics. Why? Because an economy is NOTHING if not people. Throughout the spectrum of the system, individuals are the locus from which the profit margins are extracted. That margin is now being based on ‘mission creep’ of ultimate total negation of any concept of ‘rights’ in order for the criminal/criminalizing extraction from societal functions to continue to make its profits. Just look at that past 40 years.

1 Like

Interesting to note the corporate media blackout of this hearing. I could only find it on Common Dreams.

1 Like

And let us not forget that these “conservatives” want more people, especially poor people to feed their war machine.

1 Like