Home | About | Donate

Watch Ocasio-Cortez, Three Other Progressive Women Take on the Establishment in 'Inspiring' New Film

Watch Ocasio-Cortez, Three Other Progressive Women Take on the Establishment in 'Inspiring' New Film

Jake Johnson, staff writer

An "inspiring" new documentary offers an inside look into the grassroots congressional campaigns of four progressive women who attempted to topple corporate-friendly Democrats in the 2018 primary elections.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) was the only candidate featured in "Knock Down the House" who won her race despite long odds, defeating Wall Street favorite Joe Crowley in a landslide.

I just put it on my Netflix queue…

Is there something wrong with the title of this article?

4 Likes

Think i just got it. It’s your americanese sometimes confuses me. Apologies.

1 Like

“americanese” confuses a lot of americans too, so don’t feel bad, wings.

3 Likes

Bit of a semantic condundrum, indeed!

2 Likes

Not just you and I’m 'murikkkan. I thought the title meant that Netflix had stopped showing the trailer. An age thing maybe?

4 Likes

Absolutely not.

1 Like

Netflix drops trailer” – sounds like censorship.

Sometimes trendy jargon gets in the way of communication.

3 Likes

The title to the article is so misleading that, I can’t share it to social media. Correct it please.

So how do you feel about patios? It’s been trending since the Pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock.
Yes, it’s somewhat subversive, but if the alternative is whipping and hanging, would you consider learning it?.

To “drop” something is simply entertainment industry jargon for “release”. It caught me also. (-: