Home | About | Donate

WATCH: Sunrise Movement Makes 'Most Explicit Pitch to Fossil Fuel Workers' Yet With Ad for US House Candidate Mike Siegel

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/14/watch-sunrise-movement-makes-most-explicit-pitch-fossil-fuel-workers-yet-ad-us-house

1 Like

My disappointment in the Sunrise Movement becoming just another support system for the status quo capitalist model of economic growth is huge.

Young people.
Who c/should know better.
Except that they’re being led by their noses.
By those who cannot/willnot level with them about what sustainability really means.

Downsize everything. Let’s see a leader tell people that truth.

Yay! I’ll be on the phones with Sunrise later today for Mike Siegel. Texas is my fave place to call. Yes, there are hang-ups, but there are some truly fun conversations as well.

You have to start somewhere. Acknowledging that there’s a problem and that it’s going to cause changes that we may not really want, like, famine, mass migration, more wars, fires, floods, and the need to make an effort to do something about it, is the first thing we need to talk about. Mike is doing this. Plus he’s all for Medicare for All, for a good education for everyone, a place to live comfortably, and the basics for thriving in life.

I don’t want to bow before the horrendously wealthy any more. But change won’t happen unless we put our shoulders to the grindstone and realize it’s going to be a heavy push against the moneyed interests. After all, we live in a capitalist society. It’s the status quo, and the law of inertia is always in effect: It’s going to take a huge amount of our energy to change things.

Do your push-ups!

1 Like

Really nice video clip. (I keep telling the Biden campaign that they need to hire people that worked for the “blacklisted” candidates. They had more ideas, creativity and enthusiasm!)

Sunrise is still out there working for change. Go for it!

1 Like