Home | About | Donate

Watch: What Is a 'Practical' Democratic Candidate? Sanders Co-Chair Nina Turner Has Some Thoughts

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/02/10/watch-what-practical-democratic-candidate-sanders-co-chair-nina-turner-has-some

3 Likes

If We the People are to listen James Carvilles “idiotology” on what Bernie Sanders should be as a candidate, we’re in f#€king trouble, cause he’s pushing us towards another 4 years of Republican hatred.

15 Likes

If you ever get the chance to see Nina T work an audience in person, do it. She’s amazing. I caught her several times in the 3 days I was at the Peoples Summit in Chicago 2017. She can deliver.

13 Likes

James Carville is literally married to a Harsh Right ROTpublican. Now, I do not know if she is a Trumper, or a Never Trumper, but it shows him AND her as being committed to the GAME of politics – or they would have divorced long ago.

Unlike say ME, who sees NO “game” at all, in a process by which lives are lost or gained, freedom for the public is a tradable commodity, and even the right to complain about our mistreatment is ridiculed and devalued.

Carville, who has been sold to us as a Progressive, here argues AGAINST Progressivism, by insisting that on this eave of the Sanders Presidency, we still need to avoid actually MAKING THE CHANGE, in favor of “getting ready” to make the change…

But if you’ve been paying attention, EVERY tepid half-move by a Progressive in our political system, is ALWAYS countered by a FULL move by the ROTpublicans! Can you think of a BETTER reason not to take his “get ready” prescription seriously? It is a RECIPE FOR LOSING, is what it is.

I say NONSENSE. NOW IS THE TIME!

5 Likes

MSNBC 's Stephanie Ruhle asked Turner about political strategist James Carville’s recent assertion that Sanders is an “ideologue” who doesn’t possess the “practicality” the Democratic party needs in a candidate.

Let me rephrase that James Carville quote:
Sanders does not possess the corruption the Democratic party needs as a candidate.

12 Likes

The Democratic Party establishment has been taking “steps” for decades—one tenuous step forward, five cowering steps backwards, until this country has become dystopic—and they consider that “practical”? What would be really practical is for them to knock off the bull****, and do what the people need and want. But since it’s been obvious since 2016 that they’re not interested, then we’re going to elect Bernie Sanders and show them that real practicality often needs giant steps and farseeing, compassionate vision—not wads of corporate cash. Nina Turner, you rock!

11 Likes

Carville wants the DNC to spend a bunch of other people’s $$$ in the Old Confederacy (Trump’s Country ); ya know, so he can get some for himself and his cronies.
The spots on a leopard don’t change and neither do political consultants. $$$ changes everything!
FYI- Carville never got the Clintonistas 50% of the vote but he made himself a wealthy man. " Nice work if you can get it and, you can get it if you try. "

5 Likes

We will hear the word ‘Pragmatic’ a lot more going forward

3 Likes

Bernie’s got answers to all those questions. Why doesn’t she know them? No undecided with half a brain is going to be impressed with that nonresponsive fist pounding.

2 Likes

Hi Phred_Pharkel:

LOL, oh yes, Nina Turner–you are wonderful-- and TRUTHFUL------and just what America needs! : )

6 Likes

Stephanie Ruhle pounded her fists and threw a tantrum?
Who knew.

1 Like

Too bad there is not some way to eliminate $$$$ from politics.

2 Likes

Wait for it!

I see Chris Matthews is still on his anybody but Bernie kick. Matthews gets worse by the day.

6 Likes

Note to James Carville:

“It’s the oligarchy, stupid.”

And thanks for the Clintons.
Wait, did I say “thanks?”
I meant fuck the Clintons.

4 Likes

Carville has laid down the gauntlet. He and other of his Democratic Party colleagues will be joining the Republicans in opposing President Sanders.

Where then is the party unity that the interviewer expects from Sanders supporters if he loses the nomination?

5 Likes

Nina delivered tonight on the Ari Melber show.

2 Likes

And the more unhinged he sounds. Next thing, he will be fainting on air.

3 Likes

LOL So funny, and true. You got that so right. Thanks for making me laugh.

1 Like

Senator Nina Turner is an extraordinary public speaker!
She spoke in Dubuque in July, and 2 weeks ago I heard her in the big Bernie Sanders rally in Cedar Rapids. She’s riveting and inspiring.
President Bernie Sanders 2020!

2 Likes