Hours before Tuesday's Day of Action to support indigenous peoples and protest the Dakota Access Pipeline at Army Corps of Engineer offices around the country, the Corps announced they will delay any decision on an easement for the project until it consults further with Standing Rock's Great Sioux. Their call to “to engage in discussion" with tribal leaders, said one, means, "Not all of our prayers were answered, but this time, they were heard.”
The Army Corps of Engineers will delay any decision on an easement for the project, until it consults with further with Standing Rock Sioux." Hmm. And meanwhile, while they delay the pipeline continues being built. What about Pres. Obama's announcement.
Seven of us New Yorkers did a walking Prayer Vigil Sunday night yesterday, around the Army Corps of Engineers' office building, the 26 Federal Plaza complex, in anticipation of the purported announcement by Obama today , Monday. hmm. I will be at the 4pm rally/vigil tomorrow.
Stop the Pipeline, protect the drinking water of the Sioux and millions of people downstream on the Missouri River. We must protect our water; oil and water do not mix. The greed of oil corporations needs to be checked, ESPECIALLY when there is a conflict of interest. President -Elect Trump must get rid of his stocks in Energy Transfer Co. BEFORE he takes office.
Neil Young lives the example of what to do when one has access to a Bully Pulpit.
To delay is not to stop--we will not stop! No livable planet-no future. Nothing. No actions where you are? Make a sign and stand on a corner somewhere to be a witness.
"t will delay any decision on an easement for the project until it consults further with Standing Rock's Great Sioux" Delay means kicking the can down the road till Trump takes over and loosens the floodgates/pipelines. The only possible positive is that Trump has financial interests in the pipeline so there may be conflict of interests involved that even he can't pretend don't exist and which could put a brake on his taking executive actions, right.
So, I did make it back to our little town square... continuing on from last week... No one came today either... but... one person did call me tonight... so.. hoping more will be there next week... Not that cold yet.. but.. it will be...
There is NOTHING this company can do to make this pipeline... "safe"... mainly, because NO PIPELINE IS A GOOD PIPELINE... IN THE EYES OF MOTHER NATURE'S CLIMATE...
Yep!!! THAT'S WHAT I STARTED LAST WEEK...