Home | About | Donate

We Are All Flint

We Are All Flint

Erin Brockovich

We saw Flint coming. In fact, I’ve seen this whole national water crisis coming for years. I see these issues happen, I know where they are. I know when they’re going to hit. And I know they’re going to come up, year after year after year.

Money pretends to be amoral, but shows itself to be immoral all too often. Flint is the latest poster child for that. Yes, the EPA is broken--purposefully by the "drown the government in the bathtub" crowd. The obstructionists emplaced by this crowd are there to put gravel in the gears of good governance at every turn. Bernie is the only candidate who will fight this immorality. The others will feed or deny it. I hope for a "Future to Believe In." (Despite the grammatical error...)

At the risk of adding yet one more ...

I just wanted to say hi to you Erin because you are one of America's heroes to many many people. We admire you and respect what you have done and do.

It is very encouraging that you continue to be a person of good will and conscience because as your article relates... People believe in you and your courage to do what was right and decent. They trust that courageous decency.

Lol. Some people have their rock stars and others their ball players. I am a big fan of courage and determined good will.

So thanks from one of your fans

Here's another example, which sort of 'hit me in the face', it's current, and local to us:

Report finds high levels of lead in drinking water at Alcoa East in Massena, Canton mobile home community
from: http://northcountrynow.com/news/usa-today-investigative-report-finds-high-levels-lead-drinking-water-alcoa-east-massena-canton-

Friday, March 18, 2016 St. Lawrence County, Northern NYS
A USA Today investigative report has identified three water systems in St. Lawrence County with high levels of lead.

The story here says water systems at Alcoa East measure at 23.4 to 25.8 parts per billion and at Boyden Brook Mobile Home Community measures at 76 PPB. A third property only identified as “Snell Complex” came in at 16.5 PPB.

The Environmental Protection Agency says water is not safe to drink above 15 PPB.

To find St. Lawrence County-specific data, scroll to the interactive map below the subhead “Lead in the water: A nationwide look.” Click New York state on the map, then type "St. Lawrence" into the search box.

The whole issue of Flint reminds me of the economic hit men-those who would suck the wealth out of south american countries-they have turned their focus inward.

And I believe there was a study a while back that said the lower crime rate was due to getting lead out of paint and water.

Water is a vital part of the commons.

Getting fluoride out of water supplies where local government and water officials, and dentists have been bribed support adding this industrial waste to water supplies.

Thank you for the report Erin -- !!

The sooner we stamp out Capitalism and Corporate-fascism the sooner we can begin to deal
with our very real problems after decades of not funding infrastructure and ignoring problems.

Capitalism is suicidal -- and it will take all of us with it.