Home | About | Donate

'We Are Better Than This': Warren Joins Protest Outside Child Detention Facility in Florida

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/26/we-are-better-warren-joins-protest-outside-child-detention-facility-florida

2 Likes

Is she calling out the banks?

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article230326379.html

2 Likes

That 380 mill borrowed by Caliburn will be paid back by…US! They are under USG contract and they’re STILL borrowing hundreds of millions of dollars!
This stinks like last week’s garbage,.

1 Like

Wow! Warren actually made an appearance instead of the usual Bernie? I’m impressed!

1 Like

Hi Guitman. that’s the first thought I had as well… Warren is doing a Bernie. And that’s okay. Either show up, or don’t. Just be up front and honest about why you do what you do.

2 Likes

Not to take away from the importance of bringing this to the forefront, but why didn’t she show up when the Native Americans were being brutalized in North Dakota when trying to stop the KXL? And why didn’t she show up for Sanders in MA when it would have really mattered? And why isn’t she showing up for the millions who are without healthcare and suffering and dying? Selective showing up.

4 Likes

I’d support her if she were to make the connections between the migrant crises, capitalism, and US imperialism, and if she give a speech like this:

Doubt this will happen given that I’ve heard her describe her support for capitalism and her belief in continuing support for US militarism.

2 Likes

“I am a capitalist!” Nope, lost my vote.

2 Likes

these children must be terrified, a form of torture and gaslighting. these camps are unamerican and immoral. anyone who refuses to do business with the profiteers are heroes in my book. we must protect these kids, it’s the least we can do.

2 Likes

Please clue me in (honestly, I’d like to know): Has Sanders shown up at any concentration camp protests?

I’ve written about the problems LibWing2 & I have with Liz W, which are substantial. But showing up for persecuted migrant children is somenthing real. I’ve been hoping somebody would.

1 Like

A stain on your country for sure…the world watches in horror as the richest most powerful nation on earth goes to war against migrant children…many of them in that situation because of years of failed American foreign policy decisions in their countries of birth.

But to a narcissist, all new is good news…if it focuses on you.

And no one loves your current POTUS…like your current POTUS.

2 Likes

…speaking of Democratic Presidential Candidates
“If they would rather die, . . . they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population.”
― Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

God I love this woman! I have for years, before any Bernie, before any Clinton paid trolls, before that inane crap about her being Indian. She’s smart, she’s tough, and she knows how to fight the capitalists who destroy capitalism. She’s my shero!

And yet she was not invited to comment on the Concentration Camps during the “debate.”