Home | About | Donate

'We Are Many': The Story of Bush and Blair's Great Lie

'We Are Many': The Story of Bush and Blair's Great Lie

Lana Asfour

Tony Blair's not entirely unexpected resignation from his job as Middle East peace envoy last month - and the ensuing Twitter jokes about it - coincide with the UK release of a documentary film that firmly puts him and George W Bush at the centre of this century's Middle East disasters.

Sure, everyone here knows that Bush and Blair (and the interests they fronted for) lied and steamrolled their countries into an unprovoked war of aggression against Iraq. But lots of people remain ignorant or in doubt. Films like this, while inevitably flawed and incomplete, provide an opportunity to spread that circle wider, and can help us to build a critical mass of people who have a basic understanding of how power operates in the 21st century.

"On February 15, 2003, millions of people in around 60 countries and over 800 cities marched in a coordinated effort to stop the impending war on Iraq. It was the biggest demonstration ever seen in London, with 1.5 million, in Madrid with 1.5 million, and in Rome with 3 million."

They had bad intelligence....... Bush and Blair and their criminal courtiers need to be tar feathered and hung as traitors and war criminals.

Murdering the murderers is not the answer. The murderers need to study their own actions until they can admit guilt and then they have to live with that guilt.

I think we need to go back to Brzezinski's "The Grand Chessboard" (1997, I believe) and The Project for a New American Century's mission statement (1998, as I recall) to really address and document the malfeasance aforethought of the whole thing. This rabbit has paws that dig way beyond our expectations...

Hopefully the film addresses Hillary Clinton's and other Congressional Democrats' complicity in approving the Iraq invasion despite their claims that they relied on bogus intelligence that many of their constituents and experts concurrently pointed out was bogus.

Do you think that is enough to stop future crimes?