Home | About | Donate

'We Are Not That Stupid': Rev. Al Sharpton Says Black Voters Won't Be Fooled by Red-Baiting Attacks on Sanders

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/02/26/we-are-not-stupid-rev-al-sharpton-says-black-voters-wont-be-fooled-red-baiting

7 Likes

Preach, yo.
Happy to see Rev Al break free from that Clinton camp.

26 Likes

Everyone eligible needs to get their butts out the door and vote on “Super Tuesday”.

No one, NO ONE else will make it happen for you.

23 Likes

God bless you Reverend Al Sharpton and senator Bernie Sanders. May God be among us as Senator Sanders leads us into a whole new, better and hopeful tomorrow for His people.

7 Likes

I dunno. Obama, Clinton and Biden fooled 'em pretty good and still do.

We’ll see shortly.

8 Likes

“They accused Dr. King of being a communist,” Sharpton added.

Communism may be a bad form of government, but that is red herring, the reason the Oligarch’s are terrified of communism is they saw what happened in Cuba where they had substantial financial losses.

5 Likes

I think Obama changed that with his hope and change that never materialized but got worst for black people and all of us and rich kept getting richer.

Be gone with clintonites and obama drones

6 Likes

I beg to differ with the rev Sharpton. The American electorate is filled with people from all races and creeds that are fooled pretty easily on a daily basis.

17 Likes

I’m so glad to see the rev say this.

He has not been known for complete honesty re: health ins companies. Hosting his MSNBC show some months back, some female guest came on and said, “Americans love their private insurance!” and the rev just sat there. Not one word in debate. So standing up for Bernie in this way was a big help. Long overdue.

8 Likes

I think you’re missing the point. Just because they called Dr. King a communist, it didn’t mean he actually was one. Same with Bernie. I think that’s where Rev. Sharpton was going with that.

4 Likes

I have more confidence in the “black voter” than I do in anybody else.

3 Likes

I hope black voters in SC paid attention to Mayo Pete’s supposedly trenchant line about the bad choice between going back to “the social order of the 50s” with Trump, or “the revolutionary politics of the 60s” with Bernie.

Because why the hell wouldn’t black folks – and everyone else who cares about civil rights, great music, and free love – want to go back to the 60s when people fought their asses off for justice, and some of them paid the ultimate price.

BloomButtiBidenChar: The d-party establishment dream team…everyone else’s nightmare squad.

12 Likes

Why isn’t the media highlighting Biden’s false memory syndrome.

First he said he marched in support of Civil Rights - he didn’t

Now he claims he got arrested trying to meet Nelson Mandela in South Africa - he didn’t.

~https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/joe-biden-nelson-mandela-arrest-south-africa-prison-apartheid-south-carolina-debate-a9359596.html

10 Likes

Looks like Sharpton’s days at MSNBC will be over soon.
Comcast probably has the same policy as trump…your either totally loyal to me or the company or your gone.

4 Likes

Bernie Be Rockin’!

2 Likes

"A communist is a Christian grown sober waiting for the meek to inherit the earth."
On The Ropes, Neil J. Smith

8 Likes

From Bernie:

The next three days are absolutely the most critical of this entire campaign.

Billionaires are shoveling cash into TV ads. Super PACs are popping up in state after state.

They all have one goal: Stop Bernie.

So we’ve got to do everything we can to help Bernie win. And that starts with reaching our 500,000 contribution goal by Saturday’s FEC fundraising deadline.

This is so important, and it’s why I’m asking you to contribute $10 right now. It’s our make-or-break moment.

Please contribute to our campaign today before our FEC fundraising deadline — the final deadline before Super Tuesday.

DONATE WHATEVER YOU CAN!

9 Likes

WHOAH!!!
I seriously was not expecting this from someone who makes their money on MSNBC.

THANK YOU, Rev. Al!

4 Likes

Done. At this time, I cannot think of anything more important.

2 Likes

Welcome back, Flora. I think you missed my point I never said that MLK was a Communist. King was in my opinion, one of the greatest Americans that ever lived.