Home | About | Donate

'We Are Unstoppable, Another World Is Possible!': Young Climate Activists Storm COP 25 Stage

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/12/11/we-are-unstoppable-another-world-possible-young-climate-activists-storm-cop-25-stage

“Democracy is participation in power.”
–Cicero

2 Likes

No doubt trump would have sent the goon-squad to forcibly remove these climate activists exactly as he has done repeatedly many times over the years all over America, especially the most recent example of his despicable mindset at the Pennsylvania “rally”, inciting his lumpen mob and denigrating a security guard for not being violent enough removing a protesting woman!

2 Likes

So much for the First Amendment. What other parts of the Constitution do you hate? And why?

2 Likes

That’s it Guild - best definition I’ve ever seen !

1 Like

Wow, nobody told me it was talk like an asshole day…

2 Likes

Hello?

Why are you using profanity to describe direct action for Mother Earth? Seems to me YOU are the vulgar little turd. Stop stinking up the place with your mental flatulence.

The event you are referring to is a meeting of putative peoples’ representatives. And since the peoples’ representatives haven’t been doing a good job of stewarding the peoples’ resources, the people are entitled to crash their little negotiation session.

What is needed is a lot more DIRECT ACTION like this. Just keep knocking the “leaders” upside the head with the realization that they can’t keep directing the Earth into Hell.

4 Likes

When free speech is not enough, non-violent, civil disobedience is the next step up. Sometimes that’s what it takes to force entrenched, unresponsive (to say the least) “powers-that-be” to even take notice.

3 Likes

The people will not RISE until the price of bread is too high, if you get my drift. French Revolution.

3 Likes

No. If there is strong evidence that “elected” representatives are obdurately and indolently neglecting their duties to the public, then ALL OF US have an obligation to disrupt their little gatherings and get in their faces. A lot of people have had it with their mealy-mouthed incrementalism and deference to FAILED institutions. A lot of people have been locked out of all their neoliberal fascist dealings, and those same people — nearly all peoples, around the world — are starting to say Wait a minute. Wait a minute. We’ve been trying your institutional procedures for a long time and all we’ve accomplished is a hastening of our downward spiral, our immiseration, and now it’s time for radical measures. Smugness and insouciance aren’t going to cut it anymore. Do the work. Design a fossil-fuel free future and then work to implement it. If you can’t or won’t do that then get out of the way. Do your job. Start rapidly reducing reliance on fossil fuels. Stop talking about it and do it.

Of course, you’ve already outed yourself as a climate data denialist…

1 Like

Wow! Couldn’t have said that better! Thanks.

I suspect he was responding to Dan_Defoe, whose post has been deleted, but was responded to above.

Democracy is the power to abolish a government that has ceased listening to the citizens it is supposed to represent. See our Declaration of Independence.