Home | About | Donate

'We Can't See Any Way His Visit Will Be Good for the City': Largest Tulsa Newspaper Says Trump Not Welcome

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/15/we-cant-see-any-way-his-visit-will-be-good-city-largest-tulsa-newspaper-says-trump

5 Likes

They took their time figuring that out.

4 Likes

The solutions is simple: Don’t provide security and keep closed the facility for his “rally”. Elsewhere, all of those being held in contempt by the courts and Congress, refusing to testify: Issue arrest warrants for all of them, put them behind bars. It’s not rocket science. DT owed millions to at least 6 cities where rallies were held and never paid. He’ll do that in this one as well if he is allowed to invade. He couldn’t care less about the pandemic or what it will do to the city.

14 Likes

Take the next step then: Tell this arsonist to stay the hell out.

6 Likes

True but he is all too ready now to blame Mexico and the BLM protestors. We are getting hate mail already from his supporters for our next announced protest June 20. We will try to get media witnesses and some local lawyers.

6 Likes

Worst of all, when Trump tells another lie, more people will die.

He should keep his delusions to himself.

2 Likes

The protestors should take over all the nearby airfields so he can’t land.

4 Likes

Dang, and Oklahoma is a solidly pro-Trump state, so you know they don’t relish this

3 Likes

Liked the last line of the editorial, the visit could be exciting, but for all the wrong reasons.

5 Likes

“DT owed millions to at least 6 cities where rallies were held and never paid.”

Oh, it’s not just political rallies, this has been “Don the Con’s” method of operation his entire adult life.

After being told about this, cause you know he doesn’t/can’t read, I can picture him red faced screaming “Fake News !!”.

6 Likes

Maybe the protesters should ignore it and not gather on that day. I have heard enough from people who want to blame the increase in virus cases to the protesters. And ignore any other cause - especially the reopening of businesses without testing and tracking.

2 Likes

AND they should quarantine all the attendees of the event.

3 Likes

Thin the herd of all the turd.

1 Like

They don’t know why he picked Tulsa? Really?! We just passed the 99th anniversary of the Greenwood Massacre in 1921. Greenwood was an affluent, African American neighborhood of Tulsa that was destroyed by white rioters on May 31st and June 1st. Many died/murdered and the neighborhood was burned to the ground. Tulsa was deliberately picked for this reason…and is “code speak” to the Turd-in-Chief’s white supremecist base. This, however, is only my opinion. Vote in November!

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure you mean Rosewood, not Greenwood. You could be right about why there at this time.

1 Like

Trump’s egomania and desperate need of praise know no bounds. He doesn’t give a shit about the possible increase in Covid-19 infections among Tulsans as long as his idiot MAGA hat wearers are there cheering his appalling bullshit “speeches”. This POS is truly a monster. I would recommend that readers here go to Salon and read about how investigative journalist Greg Palast is warning that the Repukes have an extensive plan to steal this coming election using a variety of proven tactics that have worked in the past.
One other warning to the city of Tulsa - this treasonous asshole, Trump, is well known for holding his white power rallies in city after city and then stiffing those places for the security bills that piled up. I believe that the Trump campaign has never paid back the hundreds of thousands of dollars that they owe to El Paso - just one of many examples. Its all part of Trump’s business model - screw the suckers any way you can. What a fucking nightmare he and his enablers are.
“Where’s my favorite dictator” Trump said as he waited in Cairo for the appearance of authoritarian Sisi. That will surely be OUR future if this orange pustule is “elected” president in November.
“I do not recognize the country of my birth anymore.” – Robert Redford, 2019.

9 Likes

Rosewood FL was the site of a similar atrocity. Search for “the Black Wall Street” to learn more about Greenwood.

4 Likes

Grease all the runways at the airport he’ll fly into.

3 Likes

Good idea. Maybe the cops will puncture the tires on the planes.

3 Likes

Hello. I had not heard of the Rosewood Massacre and did some reading up. That took place in rural Florida in January of 1923. Again, another instance of whites targeting blacks. Tragic. Thank you for informing me of that event. Having said that, the Greenwood Massacre did indeed take place in Tulsa eighteen months earlier.

4 Likes