Home | About | Donate

'We Do That All the Time... Get Over It': Mulvaney Openly Admits Trump Quid Pro Quo With Ukraine

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/10/17/we-do-all-time-get-over-it-mulvaney-openly-admits-trump-quid-pro-quo-ukraine

It is not corruption when the corrupt politician dismisses the very concept of corruption.

5 Likes

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

The repeated words from Trump: “No quid pro quo.”

Yet every time we turn around, someone is openly admitting to the quid pro quo.
Why the hell didn’t Trump have Barr investigate this personally, like he is with the Mueller investigation?
And still, the Repub loyalists will find a way to excuse this – but if a Dem did it, hair would be aflame.

6 Likes

Add Mulvaney’s name to the list of Trump admin’s cluster impeachment.

6 Likes

From the article:

“…no difference between using U.S. aid to advance national policy goals and using it to advance Trump’s personal political goals.”

In other words, “l’etat c’est moi.”

What befell the one who first uttered that sentiment should befall all who echo it.

7 Likes

I like it when you type in french.

1 Like

IF we don’t put Caligula and all of his minions in real jails to do real time, they will have normalized everything they have been doing - and it’s over. The American experiment in Representative democracy is over. These POS must be held accountable and PAY.

8 Likes

There you have it folks, they have confessed, anyone against impeachment now is a traitor to America (ie. most republicans and stupid Trump supporters).

5 Likes

It would be nice if some group of aides had already gotten the Articles of Impeachment prepped and ready, so the galleys could be printed and released. Not bloody likely, though. Maybe a big 6 PM Friday document dump. A neighbor and I were discussing Trump and his “ways and means”; the neighbor, a conservative anti-vaxxer,
spoke about it as if saying, “oh, what’s the big deal?” That refrain is going to be the swan song of the Republic.

3 Likes

That is the reason I have labeled the Trump Administration: A MAFIAOCRACY.

3 Likes

Sadly, he is right but that is no excuse. Nixon should have been impeached for his pressure – and later support for terror in Chile and Indonesia. Reagan should have been jailed for keeping hostages held by Iran until he was elected. Clinton should have been jailed for his pressure and attacks on Yugoslavia. Bush 1 & 2 should have been removed and jailed for thier interference and murder in Central America and Iraq. Obama should ave been impeached for his attack on Libya. It is way past time to hold presidents responsible for their crimes.

7 Likes

The house should vote for impeachment NOW and move it to the Senate and put the Senators on the hot seat to explain democracy (or lack of) when they come up for election. It seems that the Democrats cannot take advantage of this obvious impeachable offense. The evidence is clear, no more witnesses are needed, no whistleblower needs to come forward, the dims need to get the facts and the consequences of this act defined in clear terms. Dims need to act now and not let this be stonewalled away. Time is critical - dims fail on this they will show how useless they are and it will be another four years for Trump which will indeed be the swan song for this country.

6 Likes

That may be true but we have to put a stop to it. Politicians brothers, sisters, sons, daughters should not be appointed to any government institution unless they have true qualifications, none should be working for foreign companies not Biden’s or Trump’s or any politicians families.

It is pretty disgusting the high salaries they get when they are no nothings. Now Trump family are all scammers and that is what they qualify for, get them all out.

6 Likes

We execute traitors all the time. Get over it, Mulvaney. Your time in front of the barrel of justice is coming.

5 Likes

What does your neighbor’s views on vaccination have to do with the current topic. Incidentally, the majority of “antivaxxers” are those whom have been injured by vaccines or have children or other relatives injured or killed by vaccines. Before you go get all self-righteous in response, I’ll tell you that I am NOT opposed to vaccination, although it is definitely NOT settled science.

I apologize to all for following you off topic. This is my last off-topic comment.

4 Likes

If they all do it and it ain’t no big deal then why are they calling for an investigation into Biden?

4 Likes

Therein lies the problem. If we do nothing about this particular criminal psychopath in the White House, who is to say the next one won’t be worse?

2 Likes

They have to speed this impeachment and reach a conclusion regardless of which way it is determined. If we’re holding presidents accountable for the military and Pentagon then they’re all criminals. Trump, however, has an unhinged hubris about his privilege and ordained, divined right to do whatever he wants because “he is chosen.” That statement enough should get a president impeached. Chosen ones cannot have the codes. Period.
There will be one candidate opposing Trump or Pence. Vote for them and the world will be a better place and this is the truth. Vote for whomever removes the Republicans and we will remold the DNC.
You know the constable in Young Frankenstein liked to stick darts in his arm and get the locals riled up when he was chasing a monster. Perhaps, we can call in the good constable to come in and arrest Rudy and his global corporate thugs. Trump sells Ivanka’s panties in front of the White House Seal. Really!
peace

@ Yunzer

Your opening simple, pungent remark struck me! It applies equally to many of the people Trump surrounds himself with. As one of the 1938 born generation, I’m shocked by the ugly, cunningly divisive, deceitful, disgusting ways we are poisoning our governmental, societal discourse and straight talk.

Of course, he’s right. Killer Clown wasn’t the first, and won’t be the last.

But it’s like saying “Politicians lie; get over it”, innit?

1 Like