Home | About | Donate

"We Don't Need Hope. We Need Action': Watch First Trailer of Michael Moore's Documentary on Trump's America

"We Don't Need Hope. We Need Action': Watch First Trailer of Michael Moore's Documentary on Trump's America

Jon Queally, staff writer

Provided exclusively to the Huffington Post on and then posted online Thursday morning, the first trailer of Michael Moore's upcoming film "Fahrenheit 11/9" reveals the filmmaker's attempt at making sense of the rise and reign of President Donald Trump.

"Fuck hope. Seriously, fuck hope... We don't need hope. We need action."
—Michael Moore
The film's message: Stop despairing. Stop hoping. Start organizing. Start acting.

If Trump won’t leave the White House without a fight, let’s beat the shit out of him and the Republicans in November.

How’s that for action?

What this country needs is someone who will offer an alternative vision to Donald Trump. What we have is a bloated juvenile clown playing practical jokes and spewing gutter talk throughout his pronouncements. Enough already of Michael Moore!

I am sure it will be an entertaining watch. But it will change nothing.

You had one…the establishment gave you Hillary as an alternative. The next will have a different name, but their intent will be the same. The system is rigged and does not allow for a true progressive to win…or give them the platform to spread their message.

Moore is telling it like it is.
Stop voting for liars.
The progressive vote is a vote to turn politics and society inside out and put corporate rule, their political enablers, confidentiality agreements, authoritarianism and 4 year terms in office all into the garbage bin, right where they belong.
Democracy now.

Lets cut to the chase MM, there is nothing mysterious or arcane about Trump becoming POTUS! The only thing that makes sense to me, is that both Trump and HRC were selected to run for POTUS in 2016.We do not have national elections…the Fourth Reich has national selections and I would argue national elections are nothing but a dog and pony show in order to entertain and con the masses of gullible, Americans that they live in a democracy and that their vote counts.

Oh, another Moore “documentary”. The dems trott him out again just in time for the midterms. Like clockwork.

Hi lamonte7,
but humor is way to wake people up. Mark Twain was very good at that. Seeing the obviously ridiculous sometimes takes a while to compute when so many have given up and say"you can’t fight city hall." However, I think people get so despairing, that Michael Moore can get them to see the silly and the evil, when before they did not see anything and thought what they saw was normal.

Moore is more a patriot than your seditious preznit will ever be (but that was great, when he hugged da fwag and almost gave it a big kiss).

Exactly. We are simply not allowed change.

Moore is right, hope is a placebo for action. An entire super white and very bright, logical, population allowed the Nazis to come to power and incinerate millions of humans. And what about Slobodan Milošević. What was our history with slavery and the Fisrt Nation populations. There is a large segment of the population that is born without souls, “Basket of deplorables”. They are not idiots they are just evil. Writing books like: (THE ART OF THE DEAL), taking advantrage of peoples trust. Bombs and equal violence defeated the Fascist and impiricist not nice words and logic.Russia is dismanteling one Democracy after another and we are trying to make logical sense. What is the mystory, power and evil intent and greed.

We do indeed need unity and citizen action (which is the only reason for hope) but unless we divest ourselves of delusions about the system, DNC memes and conspiracy theories or blind trust in any corporate centrist politicians, we will be stuck with the same garbage. Trump is not a unique phenomenon but the product of a rotten, corrupt corporatocracy – of fascism.

As I wrote in a recent article, "Our only hope – and what helps me rise above my own feelings of hopeless depression – are the many good people who take citizenship, beyond partisan loyalties, national borders and myopic nationalism, seriously. The people willing to take personal responsibility to struggle for authentic civilization and a livable future. People who understand that there is no “them” and no enemy but the ecocidal, warmongering rule of money. It is this we must resist. It is this we must ultimately abolish if we are to survive this century. Understanding our common-ground, our class interests and the forces that divide us can bring us together. And together, we are an unstoppable force "

Shant: … there is nothing mysterious or arcane about Trump becoming POTUS!
We do not have national elections…the Fourth Reich has national selections and I would argue national elections are nothing but a dog and pony show in order to entertain and con the masses of gullible, Americans that they live in a democracy and that their vote counts.

Applause – !!