Home | About | Donate

We Have Failed Afghanistan Again and Again

We Have Failed Afghanistan Again and Again

Sonali Kolhatkar

The 2013 death of Taliban leader Mullah Mohammad Omar, confirmed this week, should have marked the end of the U.S. war in Afghanistan. But the fates of the two main leaders identified as responsible for the 9/11 attacks—Osama bin Laden and Mullah Omar—are only milestones. Thanks to the destructive nature of the U.S. war, many newer and more formidable enemies have emerged.

First, Sonali, it's apparent from your history that you're a hack for the Clinton Fund, so you've got your own profit motive, your salary and bonus, for putting a hidden call for continuous war out there. "Today the situation has devolved into such chaos that the U.S, departure will foment just as much violence as its continued presence."

So lets stop failing by stopping interfering.

The Master said, “I will not enlighten a heart that is not already struggling to understand, nor will I provide the proper words to a tongue that is not already struggling to speak. If I hold up one corner of a problem and the student cannot come back to me with the other three, I will not attempt to instruct him again.” Analects 7.8

or that favorite definition of "insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Bible "wisdom," how quaint.

The only objection to this article is using a WE-frame in lieu of properly identifying the perpetrators: the MIC and its weapons builders, weapons traffickers, and banking elite funders. That "WE" destroyed the nation and continues to spread ITS reign of terror for sheer profit via plunder.

Oh, and by the way, LOTS of Christians along with the military's deliberate use of Christian chaplains to encourage these "war efforts" form the 2nd tier of support for these global atrocities and crimes against humanity.

Bible? Confucius, the great teacher, which is appropriate since you parade your willful ignorance as a source of pride.

"Seriously Rosie, don't engage me please. You're mentally unstable, petty, vindictive to the point of pathology and I want nothing to do with you. Thank you." @drone1066

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Violence begets huge M/I/I profits.

If money is the "devil's dung" as Pope Francis said, the oligarchy is the devil incarnate.

[quote="JonnyJames, post:6, topic:11492, full:true"]
It is disappointing that the "liberal interventionist", R2P crowd (or are they neocons with a smiley face?) are almost totally ignorant of the foreign policy objectives and geopolitical strategy of the US Empire. They get bogged down in details and micro-tactics but fail to see the strategic picture. In addition, many get their details and information from the corporate propaganda cartel or "official sources". In recent years this sort of information has become highly problematic, to say the least."

Oligarchs have long known that to stay in power, words matter. So they hired Frank Luntz and Co. to demonize liberals with words like "liberal interventionists" when "neoliberal" or "conservative" would be the correct word. Unfortunately, Luntz has been so successful that many liberals shun the word and prefer to be called "progressives".

When called on it, liberal demonizers will say something like "these words have lost their meaning". This attempts to deflect the blame from the guilty, neolibs and cons, and achieve similar results; liberals demonizing themselves.

Doubters should consult psyops manuals.

"Clearly, the Obama administration miscalculated the effect of its policies in Afghanistan".

As did Jimmy Carter and Brzinski (however one spells that name) back in 1979 when they funded the Mad Mullahs to overthrow the then USSR-friendly Afghani government and which started one Bin Laden on his noxious career.

"Miscalculation" seems to to be the order of the century concerning USAian foreign policy. If the USA were a man betting on horse-races, it would have long ago lost all its money. Didn't Vietnam teach the USA ANYTHING?