Home | About | Donate

'We Have to Fight Back': Progressives Call for Mobilization as Koch Brothers Open Their Pockets to Protect Corporate Democrats

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/11/we-have-fight-back-progressives-call-mobilization-koch-brothers-open-their-pockets

2 Likes

Go for a win with Greens. Quit bashing your real and existing third party. Quit disparaging Greens for persistently yet barely surviving the crushing offense of Dems and Rs. Look at how many democracies around the world Ds & Rs have crushed in regime change operations. Your Greens are still here in the heart of the beast. Quit fooling around. Change the basic structure with a Green winning streak. Not now? Need somebody who can win? Don’t fall for Pentagonian propaganda; Win with Green. It’s up to you.

10 Likes

They’ve been protecting corporate democrats since the DLC in the 80’s. yea, it’s about time to crush these creatures

Chris Hedges - from Why Chris Hedges Thinks The American Empire Has Lost Control…

Let’s be clear. The Democratic Party under Bill Clinton transformed itself into the traditional Republican Party, and the Republican Party moved, was pushed, so far to the right it became insane.

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

• Frederick Douglass
9 Likes

The Green Party has only languished in past elections because the American people refuse to see the parties of the Duopoly for what they are and have been, “Tools of the corporations and the wealthiest Americans.”

The Green Party has always presented candidates of the highest moral and ethical integrity.

Without disparaging the intelligence level of the average American voter from their apparent unwillingness to support Green Party candidates for whatever reason, I will say, the Duopoly’s actions to make it extremely hard for 3rd party candidates to get on all the state’s ballots, and eventually on the debate stage with the corporate candidates of the Duopoly, is most likely a result of not having sufficient funds to adequately run an educate America campaign to the overwhelming benefits of voting Green.

6 Likes

Is Nancy Pelosi working with the Koch Brothers to make this happen?

6 Likes

The agenda of Pelosi and Koch Brothers are much aligned…at the most, the only disagreement is which restroom should little boys and girls pee.

8 Likes

well…it would be pragmatic

4 Likes

And the DNCistas will happily snort this Koch to keep their party going

7 Likes

actually, I tend to think they’ve been doing that since the first clinton smarmed into office.

1 Like

Bernie Sanders did everyone a great service by demonstrating how the Democratic Party cannot be reformed from within. In this video, Nick Brana lays out many ways the Democratic Party stamps out progressives. I no longer care what nice progressive words are spoken by Democrats. Their party is the opposition to progressives, and they either know it or should know it by now. Just boycott all Democrats and vote or write-in Greens, other third parties, or independents.

7 Likes

If the bastards were buying, I’d imagine the other bastards were selling.

I don’t know about you but calling these cretins who have been put on the panel of candidates just to dilute the standing Sanders worked so hard to gain would go a long way in creating a resistance to this corruption.

I don’t see a single name being mentioned.

2 Likes

Go Greens!

Just remember us when it comes time to puke after the Ds run Biden against Trump.

6 Likes

The Koch brothers have proven that corporate, centrist, democrats are DINO’s. In name only. Led by ol’ Joe “Hands” Biden buddy and his minions of doom. We need be rid of them all. Or at least the vast sums of money used to ‘bribe’ Congress.

1 Like

Case closed: The difference between the two halves of the duopoly are negligible.

6 Likes

It has to be made clear which candidates (Dem or otherwise) are accepting Koch funds. That should be a big factor in determining who a voter chooses.

4 Likes

We average voters are social beings. We like the fun of a good BBQ with friends and family and we work to set up our good life as best we can.

Sophisticated Hollywood propaganda leads us astray with false idols spouting get rich quick schemes that destroy life on Earth. We become side-tracked by the beautiful people New York advertising agencies use to brainwash us into wanting everything, now. Don’t ask please, just take it. Seize the moment. Become rich no matter the pain, suffering and anguish it causes others.

We are gentle, loving people. And we are learning, learning for our lives. We are learning the Green way of living is the best way. Vote Green Party in 2020.

3 Likes

Garrett,

If you are a supporter of the Green Party, it’s platform and candidates, you are anything but average.

Your are so far above average, you put the majority of Americans to shame.

Pride, is deservedly yours.

1 Like

The Koch’s plan is now in its end stages. They have successfully turned the GOP into a fascist foothold in the USA. All the while, they were turning the Democratic Party to the Right as well. Now the Koch’s dream is becoming reality. You see, for fascism to thrive it requires that there be only one political party, all powerful and unquestioned, whose power is derived and protected by an oligarchy.
With the recent actions of Nancy Pelosi, Tom Perez, and most of the democratic committee chairs, it has become plainly obvious that the Democratic Party has simply become the moderate wing of the Republican Party. So much so, that the Koch’s are now backing the center/right democratic leadership in the coming election cycle in a hope to solidify the Third Way for another 8 years and continue to marginalize the views of The majority.
This is what fascism looks like.

1 Like

I just have one question…it may be a bit pre mature to ask it but, I will any way. WHAT happens…if Trump wins again? What will we…do?