Home | About | Donate

We Let Them Pull the Trigger

We Let Them Pull the Trigger

Another one. This time in Kentucky. Two killed, 18 injured. The 11th school shooting of the year, and it's still January. Barely a blip in the heedless news 'cause same old same old: Close-knit town, people shocked and grieving, good kids and "sweet souls" who will be missed, police searching for a reason for a 15-year-old to open fire, pols sending - yes - thoughts and prayers. "In our time," goes the poem, "About death... We knew too much."

A dark undulating pulse of a true sickness arising in our society. Yes yes, it’s an individual act, and of course it is beyond the scope of most to imagine ever doing such violence, but the roots leading to this undulation of desperation begetting such rage run so so deep in the constructs of inequality/consumerism, compassion falling out of fashion, rise of militancy as virtue, and anything resembling a coalescing of any notion of a common good gets extinguished by those profiting from this fucking mess.

Pardon my rambling.

Cluck.

Just fuck you Drumphians and the goddamn nag you rode in on…you are fucking roadblocks and need to just abandon your dominating attitude, the world is not all yours. I’m truly done with this shit, done!!!

Please…don’t stop, ramble some more…thanks

Here in amurika we do not address problems, we hide behind lobbyists and their money or others money, it’s all about money, follow the money.

We, as a nation, have to face the fact that this what we do, this is who we are, we are a nation of killers. This is what we spend our money on. The nation has declared a war on the poor not on poverty. There is a proven link between poverty and violence. We, as a nation, are sick. Face up to that fact.

I did not hear nor read about this shooting elsewhere. I’m still puzzling over the fact that this is the 11th school shooting in January. Are school shootings no longer deemed newsworthy??!!!

And not a peep from the Douche-In-Chief. He tweets his ass off bashing the security and intelligence agencies of the United States of America, but not a word about this preventable tragedy. Again.

If the shooter was a muslim, or black, how many would care to lay a wager that he would have tweeted his outrage at the shooter and his sympathies for the victims before the bodies were even cold?

Correct. We are like Pavlovian dogs now, so conditioned by the frequency of such shootings - and the NRA/Rethuglican propaganda - that they no longer even warrant more than a snippet on the 3rd or 4th page of a newspaper, or even a tweet from the President of the United States.

Yawn.

Yeah, man! Resist! Persist! Insist! Desist! Dentist! Pianist! Octoberist!
Wait, what were we talking about?

Oh Yeah, I remember: This kid shot folks because, you know, Trump is Hitler!

God damn our gun-worshiping, violence- addicted, hyper-aggressive culture! Jeremiah Wright had it right!

Just the price of “freedom”. Move along, go shopping, nothing to see here.

There was an article the next day about this on the last news page, buried deep inside the Los Angeles Times. Yes, I think these incidents are hardly newsworthy any more.

…and I’m not going to take the time to explain it to folks that don’t have the initiative to figure it out for themselves. Drumph is the “enabler” and has positioned heads of Departments that are intent on destroying the very thing they are put in charge of. It’s crap since it isn’t wanted by the people…and I’m not even going to get into the capitulating Democrats, the (G)reedy (O)bstructive §ricks are phkd up enough. Everything for the Corporations, nothing for the People that pay their wages.

Anybody clicked on the links in teh article?

Here’s a few events that “Everytown for un safety” counts as school shootings:

" A 31-year-old man pulled into the parking lot of East Olive Elementary School and called 911, saying he was suicidal and had a handgun. For several hours a negotiator, dispatched to the scene, spoke with the man, who was a military veteran with PTSD. But the man shot himself and died from his injuries. The school was closed at the time."

" A criminal justice club student picked up a loaded gun, belonging to an advisor, which the student thought was an unloaded training weapon. She then shot at a wall target, unintentionally firing a bullet, which went through the wall and broke a window. The advisor was a licensed peace officer permitted to carry a firearm on campus. "

" A student unintentionally fired his handgun inside of his dorm room, hitting the ceiling. No injuries were reported. The student was reportedly licensed to carry the firearm on campus. "

Then again, the site does say they consider school shootings “any time a firearm discharges a live round inside a school building or on a school campus or grounds, as documented by the press and, when necessary, confirmed through further inquiries with law enforcement of school officials”. Nobody scrolls that far down tho.

I guess they didn’t include West Point, we’d have “school shootings” almost daily.