Home | About | Donate

We Need to Prepare for an Election Crisis By Proactively Seeking Assurances from Responsible Local Authorities That They Will Protect Our Constitutional Rights

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/09/02/we-need-prepare-election-crisis-proactively-seeking-assurances-responsible-local

2 Likes

This is also a very big deal, that must be addressed at the state and local level. Knowing the way so many state’s governors support Trump and the right, I’m not hopeful.

(h)ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbslKwV1981
“Trump Is Building An Army Of Poll Watchers To Steal The Election” / Ring of Fire Platform

1 Like

Most Democrats fear Trump could reject election defeat, poll shows
As many as 75% of Biden voters worry that if Trump loses election he will refuse to concede defeat, triggering a constitutional crisis

h-ttps://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/02/democrats-fear-trump-reject-election-defeat-poll

Bears repeating what this CD’s article states:

“We Need to Prepare for an Election Crisis By Proactively Seeking Assurances from Responsible Local Authorities That They Will Protect Our Constitutional Rights.
The time for analysis has passed, and in the next few months what is needed is relentless action, and careful preparation for the crisis to come.”

I appreciate Jeffrey Isaac sounding the alarm about this and hope we hear more from others and more importantly, see specific actions taken immediately to try to avert a potentially violent crisis.

While his model letter (which he does suggest amending) makes many good points it is WAY too long. I suspect those at the receiving end of such a long letter will respond with a TLDR---- in addition to falling on deaf ears of those who are averse to compassion, wisdom and common sense.

It needs to be short, to the point followed by demands for preventative actions.

People are stocking up on guns/ammo but what is being done to prevent what seems like inevitable chaos and violence in lock step with this psychotic “election”?

This is happening all over the country:

Gun sales spike amidst COVID-19 and the 2020 electionhttps://www.alligator.org/news/gun-sales-spike-amidst-covid-19-and-the-2020-election/article_8fcc8152-ec92-11ea-98b2-f723add680a4.html

October surprise made the news cycle today.
CDC sent out letters to public health departments
to be very ready for a new vaccine to be available
about November first.

This reads like a Kushner promise.
If a viable vaccine is distributed before election, game over.
Trump will go from his 41% national up to 47/48%.
But midwest states will carry him to electoral college victory.

I am praying that you can all write me a week after election
and tell me how wrong I was on Sept. 2nd

oh -do you mean appealing to the people who have failed for the last 50 years to protect the votes of American citizens?? that plan is sure to work