Home | About | Donate

'We Need to Push Lawmakers Extra Hard': Campaign Aims to Flood Congress With Calls to Support Net Neutrality Bill

'We Need to Push Lawmakers Extra Hard': Campaign Aims to Flood Congress With Calls to Support Net Neutrality Bill

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Members of Congress will soon have another opportunity to restore net neutrality, and advocates for the open internet are holding their feet to the fire.

1 Like

Net Neutrality is a great thing. I disagree with Nancy Pelosi on many issues but I agree with her about Net Neutrality. We should be allowed to sue companies that post false information on the internet.

0 Likes

3 things:

1. Allowing big telecoms to decide who gets to be fast and slow is allowing them to “self regulate” the internet. In other words no news except mainstream lies and propaganda!

2. Writing your congressman - ??? I guess it won’t hurt, but it won’t help either, except to make people think they are making a difference when they are not. They know what you want - they just don’t care! Show me a single example in 30 years where congressmen or senators acted on behalf of the population and not the corporation. Only one example please I’m waiting. Again the government is unanswerable and unaccountable to the citizens. See Sen. Feinstein’s recent statement as your paradigm of hope.

3. Nobody gives it to you. You have to take it!

1 Like

Good post! I hope that these calls are directed to the crony’s associates and family members rather than the actual crony. A lot of our congresspeople are shameless and are also good at dealing with conflict and tension, however their associates are less likely to be good at handling the tension.

1 Like

Where was Nancy and the rest of the democratic hierarchy when this was being pushed by the now utterly corrupt FCC?
That s right, she was sitting on her thumb, waiting for a day where it would be polically expedient for her to speak out (and of course sucking up to AIPAC)
Besides, this new position of hers costs her no political capital, as it stands absolutely no chance of becoming law.

1 Like