Home | About | Donate

#We: Trump Tweeted a Single Word and the People's Internet Does the Rest

#We: Trump Tweeted a Single Word and the People's Internet Does the Rest

Common Dreams staff

President Donald Trump, or whoever was managing his Twitter account at the time, mistakenly published a single-word tweet on Saturday that simply said: "We."

And though it was deleted shortly afterwards, screenshots of the message quickly circulated and soon a #We hashtag developed by the president's critics who made the most of an otherwise innocuous social media error.

#We Tweets

You gotta love somebody like Trump getting hoisted on his own petard -- i.e. Twitter.

WE support Sally Yates. WE support James Comey. WE remember Standing Rock. WE believe in the Emoluments Clause. WE remember all those lies you told just to get elected, proving you are nothing but a low-life squid. WE smell a foul stench of thievery and corruption around everything you do. WE hear Guantanamo is looking for you.

We and millions more like us, want you to resign and get mental help.

Ween. (Common Dreams grammar nazibot won't let me just post "Ween", hence ruining the slight humor in just posting, "Ween.". What a bunch of dictators. How ironic and hypocritical. )

So I'll quit following them on Facebook. I have been writing for hire for decades. Too funny. Bye, kids.

I think he meant "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"